Craft beers are the new beer craze that seems to be sweeping all the brewpubs in Bangkok.
Conventional bars and old retail space are converted into brewpubs that serve nothing but craft beers, both local and imported.
Thai locals, as well as ex-pats, are flocking to these new craft beer pubs.
Here’s a list of 10 of the top brewpubs in Bangkok where you can drink craft beer.
1. Belga Rooftop Bar & Brasserie (Sukhumvit 11)
Located on the 32nd floor of The Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit Hotel, Belga Rooftop Bar and Brasserie is a full-service Belgian Bar and Restaurant specializing in Belgian craft beers.
The dining room center is an eye-catching copper beer tap that showcases a different craft beer every month.
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday 5pm-12am; Friday & Saturday 5pm-1am.
- Address: 189 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
2. Bottle Rocket Craft Beer Bar (Phaya Thai)
The number one priority of the owners and staff at The Bottle Rocket Craft Beer bar is to provide craft beer to customers at an affordable price.
The Bottle Rocket, located next to the Sanam Pao BTS station, offers 20 draft beers serviced on individual taps.
The beer flights include a set of 4 different beers served in small glasses to taste so that customers can find the beer that tastes right for them.
Prices are fairly reasonable, with half-pints ranging from 160 to 200 baht and pints from 260 to 300 baht.
Bottle Rocket also features a Thai appetizer menu as well as live music acts.
If you’re new to the craft beer scene, Bottle Rocket seems like the perfect place to discover the tastes of craft beer.
- Opening Hours: Daily 5 pm-12 am.
- Address: 226 7-8 Phahonyothin Rd, Samsen Nai, Phaya Thai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand.
3. Brewski (Asoke)
Located in The Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok, Brewski sits 30 floors above Sukhumvit Road.
Brewski offers over 100 craft beers, with 12 craft beers on tap daily, and over 60 bottled craft beers.
The beer from the taps comes in three glass sizes 100 ml for tasting, half-pint (250ml), and full pints (470ml).
La Chouffe Belgian Blond Beer is one of the favorites at 100 baht for 100ml and 280 baht for a pint.
Another favorite is a heavy bitter Wild Turkey Bourbon stout at 140 baht for 100ml and 350 baht per pint.
The craft bottle beers tend to run between 190 baht to 370 baht for a 330ml bottle.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 5pm-1am; Sunday 5pm-12am.
- Address: Radisson Blu Plaza 489 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Toei Nuea, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
4. EST.33 at The Nine (Suan Luang)
EST.33 at The Nine recreates a small brewery located inside The Nine Mall on Rama 9. EST.33 is a Singha franchise that is a part of the Singha/Boon Rawd Brewery Group.
This means that Singha/Boon Rawd Brewery brews all the craft beers served here.
The signature drink items at EST.33 are the beers.
There are four varieties of craft beers on the list:
- Lager Beers are light in color and body.
- Copper Beer is made from roasted Gaba Rice and gives its copper color; EST.33 Copper Beer is brewed exclusively for EST.33 by Singha.
- Weizen or wheat beer, which has a pale white or cloudy color when chilled. The Weizen beer served at EST.33 is brewed by Singha, especially for the beer pub.
- Lastly is the Dunkel or dark beer. Dunkel in German means black. Dunkel beer tends to have an amber to dark brown color. Once again brewed by Singha, especially for EST.33
- Opening Hours: 5 pm-12 am.
- Address: 999 4 Alley, Suan Luang, Bangkok 10250, Thailand.
5. Tai Soon Bar (Chinatown)
The Tai Soon Bar Is an old Chinese drugstore transformed into a retro craft beer bar.
Tai Soon Bar offers a wide variety of craft beers from international brewers and some Thai craft beers.
One of the featured beers at Tai Soon Bars is a Thai craft beer, Chalawan Pale Ale, brewed in Thailand by Full Moon Brewing.
It’s a light Thai Craft beer that has won a few international awards.
Tai Soon features over 100 options of craft beer, with 13 rotating varieties on tap.
Craft beer lovers can choose from extra hoppy IPAs, a chocolate peanut butter stout, and a Thai craft honey wine made from 100% local honey.
One of the unique features at Tai Soon Bar is that the beer is kept in a specially designed room.
Before it’s served, all the glasses are steamed to ensure no smell.
The glasses are then washed and chilled to one-degree C.
This is to ensure that you smell only the aromas of the beer when it’s poured.
- Opening Hours: Daily 5 pm-12 am.
- Address: 190 Maha Chai Rd, Samran Rat, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand.
6. Yard Bar Bangkok (Sukhumvit 38)
The Yard Bar BKK is the newest member of a unique garden home community located in Sukhumvit Soi 38, featuring a leafy outdoor seating area.
80’s music icon Prince influences the bar’s décor and the ’80s themed hit series Stranger Things.
The beer focus is on imported craft beers, with 30 to 40 options at any given time, plus 10 varieties from the tap.
The beer fridge is packed full of bottled craft labels, such as Firestone Walker, Belching Beaver, and Behemoth.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Thurday 4:30pm-12am; Friday 4:30pm-1am; Saturday 2pm-1am; Sunday 2pm-12am.
- Address: 4 Soi Sangchai, Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
7. Mikkeller Bar (Ekkamai)
Mikkeller Bar Ekkamai is Danish Microbrewer Mikkeller’s first bar in Southeast Asia.
It is located in a 1950’s style Thai house on a quiet side street off Ekkamai Road.
Mikkeller Bar Ekkamai is Thailand’s first craft beer bar featuring 30 rotating taps.
There is also a huge variety of bottled craft beers from breweries around the world.
With its wide selections, the bar has become famous for its unique small-batch craft beers.
If you’re hungry, there are great food options on-site that pair well with the beers.
Plus, they offer a selection of finger foods that also go well with beer.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 5pm-12am; Saturday & Sunday 11am-12am.
- Address: 26 Ekamai Soi 10, Yaek 2, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtan Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110.
8. The 1925 Brewing Co. @ Ladprao Hills (in Chatuchak)
Half pints for the other Asian craft beers on tap at 1925 Brewing Co range from 160 to 185 baht.
If you want to go big and make it a pint, featured beers range from 299 baht to 330 baht.
1925 Brewing Co also features live acoustic music Thursdays thru Sundays.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 4 pm-12 am; Sunday closed.
- Address: 80 Ladprao Hills Building, Ground Floor, Ladprao Soi 4, Chompol, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand.
9. Craft Sukhumvit Soi 23 (Asoke)
Craft Sukhumvit 23 in Bangkok is Thailand’s premier craft beer venue.
They offer 40 craft beers on tap as well as another 40 to 50 craft beers in bottles.
Over the tap, Craft features 4 large screens that display the 40 different craft beers they offer on tap.
The screens alternate every 15 seconds or so between the beers offered, beers that will be featured, and other drink promotions.
Most of the beers you’ll see on the 40 taps are witbiers (wheat beers), ales, IPAs, APAs, and stouts from craft brewers around the world.
They also offer a menu booklet for the 40 to 50 craft bottles that they offer.
All of the 40 tap beers are served in 450ml pints.
Now here’s where things get tricky as far as the pricing.
Craft Sukhumvit is one of the only craft beer venues to use what’s known as ++ pricing.
++ pricing adds about 18% in charges to your bill.
Not only are you paying a set price for the beer, but you are also being charged extra for tax, gratuity, and a service charge.
So not only is Craft Thailand’s premier craft beer venue, but they are also the most expensive.
That explains why their clientele is mainly upper crust Thais and foreign ex-pats.
The Craft Beer experience at Craft Sukhumvit 23 is one of the best in Bangkok.
You just need to be prepared to pay extra for it.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 3 pm-12 am; Friday to Sunday 12 pm-12 is.
- Address: 16 Soi Sukhumvit 23, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
10. Beer Belly (Thonglor)
Beer Belly is located within the 72 Courtyard at 72 Sukhumvit Soi 55, also known as Soi Thonglor.
Beer belly’s 20 taps serve everything from craft beers to seasonal brews.
But Asian craft beers seem to be a favorite.
They feature 2 Thai craft beers, Chalawan American Style IPA and Phuket beer, for 180 baht a pint.
Also, on tap are two Japanese craft offerings Hitachino and Coedo.
The two most popular Belgian craft beers in Bangkok are Vedett and La Chouffe.
They are also on tap at Beer Belly for 420 baht a pint.
You also might want to try a Belgian style pale ale that’s brewed in Italy, L’Olmaia, at 480 baht a pint.
Rounding out the craft beers on tap at Beer Belly are USA Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA and Coronado Orange Amber Wit, both brewed in the USA.
- Opening Hours: Daily 5 pm-2 am.
- Address: 72 Sukhumvit 55 Thonglor Unit 4-6, G floor at 72 Courtyard Klongton Nua, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
Bangkok Brew Pubs Map
Looking for more places to drink and party?
We have a number of other guides where you’ll find cocktails, premium alcohol, and a mix of hot girls too!
Check it out:
- 10 Best Bangkok Pubs with Live Jazz & Rock Music
- 10 Hip Thonglor Cocktail Bars to Impress Thai Girls Tonight
- 10 Best Bangkok Sports Bars for Guys to Watch Live Games
- 10 Best Cigar Lounges in Bangkok
The differences between normal beer and craft beer are how they are brewed and the ingredients used.
Most normal beers are mass-produced in large batches and use cheaper ingredients like rice and corn instead of hops and grains.
Most have little if no taste and must be served cold to be drinkable.
Normal beers are usually pale and watery in color.
Craft beers are brewed with flavors in mind and use specific hand-selected ingredients.
They’re brewed in smaller batches by master brewers, and depending on the ingredients, the colors and flavors will vary.
They’re brewed to be flavorful, and some are better tasting when served at a higher temperature.
The most popular craft beers in Bangkok seem to be brewed by two Belgian Craft Breweries Vedett and La Chouffe.
Vedett’ IPA, their Blond Lager, and their White Wheat Beer seem to be three of the most popular craft beers in Bangkok.
Joining Vedett on the list is another Belgian craft beer Le Chouffe Blond Ale.
A Thai craft beer that’s very popular is Chalawan American Style Pale Ale.
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA and Firestone Walker Mind Haze are also high in demand.
Craft beer prices may vary from pub to pub.
Watch out for pubs that use the ++ pricing system.
Certain pubs will charge a set price for beer and add tax, gratuity, and a service charge, which can add up to 18% to your bill.
Some of the higher-end venues are known to practice this policy.
A 330ml bottle of craft beer will cost anywhere from 190 baht to 370 baht, depending on the brand and the venue.
Tasting glasses of 100 ml will cost 100 baht to 140 Baht.
Half pints 130 baht to as high as 200 baht, and pints from 240 baht up to 420 baht.
All pricing depends on the beer and the venue.
Beer Belly Bar has live entertainment and performances nightly.
Bottle Rocket features live music regularly.
1925 Brewing Company has acoustic and easy listening live music Thursday thru Sunday.
However, if you’re after some real entertainment, visit a VIP gentlemen’s club in Bangkok.
Some venues like the Pimp Club offer the best entertainment, facilities, drinks, and beautiful girls for extra fun at night.
|Brew Pubs||Area||Drinks Prices|
|Belga Rooftop Bar & Brasserie||Watthana||+300 THB|
|Bottle Rocket Craft Beer Bar||Phaya Thai||+180 THB|
|Brewski||Khlong Toei||+190 THB|
|EST.33 at The Nine||Suan Luang)||+330 THB|
|Tai Soon Bar||Phra Nakhon||+150 THB|
|Yard Bar Bangkok||Khlong Toei||+130 THB|
|Mikkeller Bar Ekkamai||Wattana||+180 THB|
|The 1925 Brewing Co. @ Ladprao Hills||Chatuchak||+135 THB|
|Craft Sukhumvit Soi 23||Watthana||+90 THB|
|Beer Belly||Watthana||+120 THB|