The Nana Area had a bit of a bad rep over the years.
But, if you go to this entertainment zone with an open mind, the chances are that you will have a lot of fun.
Nana Plaza Area
Nana Plaza is more than Bangkok’s most famous red light district.
It’s more than a place for beer and boobs.
This zone if one of the ultimate social hubs of Lower Sukhumvit. The neighborhood covers 2 km radius around Sukhumvit Road Soi 8 (Nana BTS Skytrain).
It’s Bangkok’s largest nightlife area starting at Sukhumvit Soi 1 and running all the way Soi 21 (BTS Skytrain Asoke).
The Nana Plaza Area is a great place for tourists to experience the naughty side of Bangkok Nightlife.
Nana Plaza Red Light District
This center of attraction of course is Nana Plaza at Soi 4.
Nana Plaza is one of Bangkok’s most famous red light districts, an adult playground that is the go-to getaway for pals after work.
Nana Plaza is also a great warm-up for bachelor parties or even just somewhere you chill out on your own after work.
There are a lot of bars to explore.
Around 30, to be exact in the Nana Plaza alone – spread across three levels. A shopping mall filled with the best adult entertainment in Bangkok.
It would be a bit of a challenge to visit them all, although nothing is impossible in Bangkok.
And if that’s not enough options, check our guide to Bangkok Best Go Go Bars.
Nana Plaza Go Go Bars
When you arrive, keep an eye out for some of the top bars listed below:
- Rainbow 5 – Somewhere over the rainbow is a magical place full of beautiful ladies. Located on the middle floor next to Twister Bar, this is a popular hotspot among Japanese visitors. There is a long narrow dance floor enough for 20 dancers to gyrate efficiently. There are 3 other rainbow bars to choose from, but Rainbow 5 is the best.
- Billboard – Situated on the top floor, Billboard has a giant Jacuzzi inside with playful pussycats included. What more could you want? It’s also consistently voted the best go-go bar in Bangkok and, with good reason, loads of girls and loads of fun. Just try not to get wet!
- Spanky’s – Located on the middle floor, this is the right bar if you have been a bad boy. Expect to get continuously spanked by foam tubing. There are around 20 mischievous dancers. You’ll love the sexy shows too.
- Lollipop – On the ground floor of Nana Plaza is Lollipop. There is a t-shaped elevated dance floor that holds around 16 dancers. There is no gimmick here. Just a casual go-go bar where you can relax. You won’t feel pressured for lady drinks. Though bargirls are very down-to-earth so might be hard to resist.
When you enter the bars, you are going to feel like a celebrity immediately.
So don’t go if you already are.
The girls are well-adapted to picking up on social cues.
Even with one twinkle in your eye, you will soon find yourself with a lovely lady looking for a lady drink.
They’re usually 150-300 baht.
After being asked what your name is, where you are from, and what football team you support, you can opt to pay the bar fine.
The bar fine lets the girl leave her job early and can range from 600-2,000 baht depending on the bar.
If she somehow ends up at your place, she might request money for a “taxi” home, which could be another 300-600 baht.
Before you head to Nana Bangkok, make sure to read our guide to Thai gogo bars for first-timers.
Beer Bars on Sukhumvit Soi 4
Soi 4 is probably the second most touristy spot after Khaosan road, but that doesn’t make it any less of a place to check out.
There is a handful of great bars and restaurants available.
Perfect for people watching and you will see some sights for sure.
This is also often visited by price-conscious tourists.
So if you are looking to make some mates, then look no further.
- Hooters – This restaurant is internationally recognized. You will see a lot of huge…meals. Hooters is a great spot when you need some American comfort food and good beer simultaneously.
- Hillary 2 – This bar is a short walk from Nana Plaza and is known for great live music and good food. You will find a few locals playing pool—ideal for a few warm-up drinks before Nana.
- Stumble Inn – The bar has a great location, only 30 meters from Nana Plaza. A British-owned pub is the watering hole for many older farangs, and their customers are all friendly.
- Bullys – Don’t be intimidated by the name. This American gastropub is where you will find all your favorite comfort foods in one spot, from wings to ribs to burgers. There is also a big pool table, and the crowd is generally foreigners of all ages.
Bars on Sukhumvit Soi 8
This area is more laid back and often where people get their pre-drink game on.
There is an excellent selection of sports bars where you can watch sports, play pool, and laugh with ex-pats.
If you want somewhere for a little quiet, Soi 8 is one of the few places in Bangkok that can guarantee that.
Here are a few places we recommend.
- Kiwi Sports Bar – This bar is generally occupied by the younger crowd and their Thai girlfriends. If you are looking for a bit of peace and quiet, there is an upstairs sitting area perfect for it. If you want to socialize, there are darts and a pool table too. There is also good draft beer on tap.
- Det-5 – This bar has a fantastic outdoor sitting area. Even better, there is an excellent selection of western and Thai food when there is live music. Whether you want some light snacks or to get well-fed, they have it all. At night, the garden transforms into a magical den with all the LEDs and candles.
- Chrome Bar – This is definitely not the place where guys want a drink. If you need your pipes cleaned, see one of the professional girls here. They’ll literally suck your life away…if you know what I mean!
- Wood Bar – Still a bit of rust in the pipes? A few steps down the same alley is Wood Bar. If you have another woody, have a look at this bar. See which girls you like and take the plunge! If this isn’t enough, there are a few other places to enjoy a blowjob in Bangkok.
Trendy Clubs on Sukhumvit Soi 11
Sukhumvit Soi 11 is a little more upscale and usually an area where you might spot a celebrity or two.
There are a couple of fantastic rooftop bars and clubs.
It’s mainly dominated by the expat community and Hi-Sos (high society wealthy Thais).
Soi 11 comes to life at night, and most clubs here have a dress code.
Basically, no flip-flops.
Okay, once you’re dressed to kill, then you can check out these hip places:
- Hemmingway’s – This refurbished house turned western restaurant is nestled on soi 14. They are famous for rustic meals such as burgers and steaks that really hit the spot. On top of that, they have great beer on tap too! Hemmingway’s usually gets busy around 5 pm when everyone finishes work. Expect world-class service combined with affordable prices.
- Oskar Bar – Oskar bar is the host that boasts the most with every type of liquor you can think of. They also serve French-Thai fusion food, so you can expect a unique meal you won’t forget. The bar has an easygoing vibe and is a popular hotspot for the business-savvy expat crowd. So if you are into business yourself, this is the perfect place.
- Sugar – This sweet club is known for rap and hip-hop so if you want to get “jiggy with it,” then go right ahead. Sugar is a famous club for locals more than expats. There are often international DJs and rappers performing every night. On the weekend is when Sugar get’s really busy, and you’ll meet some of the hottest girls in town.
- Insanity – Insanity really lives up to its name as the super club plays EDM, Trance, and Electro House four nights a week. The interior is engulfed with neon lights. You might think you are in the matrix, or maybe you are? Insanity is also famous for hosting many international DJs such as Paul Oakenfield, Nervo, and Wolf Pack.
Better yet, read our complete nightlife guide and dress up before you hit the bars and clubs around Nana Bangkok.
And if you want to explore other zones or and hook up with the hottest girls, have a look at our report on the best clubs in Bangkok.
Enjoy Great Western Food Around Nana Plaza
There are some really good restaurants in the Nana Area.
And fortunately, there are heaps of restaurants in this area that cater to westerners.
Whether you want a burger, steak, or sushi, you won’t have to go far to find it.
- Charlies Kitchen – Less than a minute from Nana Plaza, this simple restaurant may seem small. But they offer a huge selection of Thai, Japanese, Chinese and European food. If you are a fussy eater or with someone who is, you will still find something. Prices are also very reasonable here. Just make sure you know your limits if you order something spicy.
- Chequers British Pub – Sometimes you want some home comfort food, and Chequers is just the place. A few minutes down the road from Nana Plaza, this small restaurant has all the British classics. Fish and chips, full English breakfast, pastries, and even cottage pie. The bar girls are known for being exceptionally friendly. They go above and beyond to make sure you have the best dining experience.
- Shahrazad – If you missed the satisfying taste of a lamb kebab after a couple of beers, then you are in luck. This Lebanese restaurant is also a few minutes from Nana Plaza. They have a great selection of middle-eastern food. You’ll find favorites such as hummus, grilled chicken, and baklava. There is also excellent Turkish coffee, great for a little perk up.
And the street food in Bangkok is everywhere, and some of the best in the world.
But if you have little to no spice tolerance, maybe you need something on the safe side.
Thailand is also famous for low cost, quality seafood, and so you can also check out our list of the best seafood places for larger groups.
Get a Traditional Thai Massage Around Nana Plaza
You can’t come to the big mango without getting an authentic Thai massage.
Fortunately, there is a good selection very close to the Nana Plaza.
These are genuine, no frolics massage parlors.
But for proper Thai massages before hitting the Nana Plaza party, have a look at these.
- P’s Thai Massage 1 & 2 – This little massage parlor is located only 1 minute from Nana Plaza. You’ll get a genuine massage with real masseurs, so there will be no happy endings here—only happy customers. The price for a massage is 300 baht for an hour. There are massage diplomas decorated all over the walls, and the ladies know exactly what they are doing.
- 128 Massage – 1-minute walk from Nana Plaza, this massage parlor is notable for its cheap rate. Just 199 baht for an hour. Expect to get your feet, back, shoulders, basically everything worked into shape. Except for one muscle, of course! This is a very professional massage place, so no hanky panky here.
- Asia Herb Association Nana Shop – This massage shop is few minutes down the same street as Nana Plaza. It is a bit more upscale with higher prices, but you get what you pay for. As you enter, you will notice the fabulous interior. The therapists will offer tea before and after treatment. A massage is around 600 for an hour though you will feel like a whole new person.
And you are looking for a Thai massage with something “extra,” you can read our other guide about Massage Parlours with Happey Ending.
Look for Sexy Freelancers Around Nana Plaza
There are many freelance prostitutes working around Nana.
Most Thai Girls and Ladyboys!
Most freelancers hang out in front of Nana Hotel, directly across from Nana Plaza
If you’re curious about freelancers and want to know where to find thai hookers, check out our full report on Thai Freelancers working in Bangkok.
Hotels Near Nana Plaza including JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Usually, in a city, it’s a nightmare to find a good hotel for a quickie.
Especially a guest-friendly hotel.
But in the Nana Plaza Area, we know the best luxury hotels that not only have great locations within walking distance of Nana Plaza, but hiwch also allow lady guests without any hassles.
You can have some fun overnight in the lap of luxury. Enjoy king-size beds, private bathrooms, room service, and other amenities for your sexy night.
- The Landmark Hotel Bangkok – This is a great hotel that has been running since the 90s, so they have probably seen it all. And it’s within walking distance Nana Plaza. Their 5-star services include spacious rooms, and there is even a swimming pool and coffee shop on the ground floor. For one room, it usually costs 2,500 baht a night, so you might as well treat yourself to something comfortable.
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok – A 4-minute walk from Nana Plaza will bring you to this classy property managed by a world leader. The spacious rooms are tastefully decorated with high-end amenities including on site restaurant, private balconies, and a fitness center. There are an outdoor pool and hot tub for verified guests. The price for one night is usually under 1,900 baht.
- Novotel Bangkok – Only a 5 min walk from Nana Plaza, this stunning hotel is worth every penny. The hotel features include a relaxed lounge, beer garden, and an upscale restaurant. The outdoor pool is a great way to enjoy a good day after an excellent night. There is also a sauna if you are looking to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. The price per night is usually just under 2,000 baht.
- Majestic Grande Hotel – This 4-star hotel is also within walking distance of Nana Plaza. The rooms were recently renovated, and there is a rooftop pool to enjoy too. For one room, it costs around 1,800 baht per night.
- Nana Hotel – We’ve saved the most famous hotel for last. Nana Hotel is literally right across the road, the perfect location for a sex holiday, and most Bangkok freelancers hang out there every night with easy access to guests staying at the hotel.
All the hotels in the Nana Plaza area are considered guest friendly and only requirement is that the girl needs to leave her ID. After that, you have permission to do whatever you want in the room.
For the best deals, check online travel sites like Booking.com or Agoda for the latest hotel offers and guest rating.
For other guest-friendly hotels around Bangkok, check out our full list.
And last, if you are in a hurry and want to release, there are also a few short time hotels on the 3rd floor of Nana Plaza. Most girls prefer this, so they can “do” 3 to 4 guys in one night. Separately, of course!
But what else would you expect in Bangkok’s most famous red light district?
Nana Plaza Neighborhood Map
The closest skytrain is Nana Plaza BTS station.
It’s only a 4-minute walk to Nana Plaza.
Where is Nana Plaza?
Nana Plaza is in the Nana Bangkok district. It’s located on Sukhumvit Soi 1 about 400 meters from Nana BTS.
For a full guide about what happens inside Nana Plaza, check our complete guide to Thai GoGo Bars for 1st timers.
Are freelancer hookers working around Nana Bangkok?
Absolutely, there are many freelancer prostitutes working the streets of Lower Sukhumvit.
Check out our article about Thai Freelancers for more information.
What are bar girls in Bangkok?
Bar girls are employed by the bars to attract customers.
Some of the girls work only to promote alcohol and food and others are prostitutes wanting to find customers.
For a full description check our article about Thai Bar Girls.
Are Thai ladyboys hanging out around Nana Bangkok?
Ladyboys in Bangkok are everywhere!
And in fact, you find the most number of ladyboys walking the streets around Nana. Nana Bangkok is a regular sausage festival with more Thai ladyboys than any other district.
And if you want to get an up-close look, there are a few bars in Nana Plaza that have Thai ladyboys when you can take home for a unique experience.
And if you’re worried about making a mistake, and sure if you’re talking to a girl or she-male, check out our article on how to spot a ladyboy.
|Nana Bangkok||Best Nightlife Venues|
|Soi 8||Kiwi Sports Bar|
|Places to eat||Charlies Kitchen|
Chequers British Pub
|Thai Massages||P's Thai Massage 1 & 2|
Asia Herb Association Nana Shop
|Hotels||The Landmark Hotel Bangkok|
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Majestic Grande Hotel