Silom Road is a lively district covering an area from Lumphini Park down to Chao Phraya River.
With its tall skyscrapers, Silom is Bangkok’s version of Wall Street.
It’s not all business in Silom, though.
It also welcomes those who like to play.
Silom hosts a lot of classy bars, clubs, pubs, and restaurants.
It’s also a popular gay district, particularly the Soi 2 and Soi 4 areas.
There’s even a Red Light District for those who want to come out to play.
Before you head out, we’ll show you the best places to check out on Silom Road.
At the top of a few of Silom’s wonderful skyscrapers are some of Bangkok’s most classy Rooftop Bars.
This is a great way to escape all the hustle and bustle on roads.
Elevate yourself to these rooftop bars for a classy night out.
- Heaven BKK – Why not take yourself out of the devil’s playground and enjoy some time in Heaven. This 8th Floor Rooftop bar sits on top of a spa, offering fantastic cocktails, beer, and even grilled food! This Rooftop bar sits in the heart of Silom and is one of the more affordable rooftop bars.
- Sky Bar Bangkok – The name is no joke. This rooftop bar takes you into the sky and will have your fine dining in the clouds. The Sky Bar is on the 63rd Floor, towering 820 feet. Giving you the chance to experience some of the best cocktails you have ever had! And taste some of the finest food from their high-class restaurant. This location was also used in the Hangover 2 movie! As it is one of the most beautiful locations in Bangkok. The perfect place for a memorable photo. For a complete luxury night, head to Mezzaluna, a 2-Michelin star restaurant on the 65th floor.
- Mahanakhon Bangkok Skybar – Mahanakhon Bangkok Skybar is Bangkok’s highest bar and restaurant. Located on the 76th and 77th floor, this sky bar towers the city at over 1,000 feet! For a good reason, this sky bar is very well-reviewed. You’ll have an unforgettable experience. The food and cocktails here, though, are on the pricier side, but second to none.
- Cloud47 – Located on the 47th floor in the United Center building, this is a trendy rooftop in Silom. Food and drinks are affordable while still providing a classy atmosphere. With a huge area to see panoramic views of Silom at night, this is a great spot to take a date.
- Vertigo Moon Bar – This is the ultimate rooftop bar sitting on the 61st floor at Banyan Tree hotel. Match fine dining, premium cocktails, and stunning views if you want to feel like a celebrity. Better yet, book a room here with your date and continue the fun during the night!
- Park Society – Located on the 29th floor of SO Bangkok Hotel, this is one of the more romantic Silom venues. You can experience everything in one night. They have amazing Western food and great views of the city. But it’s their signature drinks that attract crowds. After a few cocktails with your date, take the fun back to your 5-star room.
For more places to check out, read our guide on Top 15 Bangkok Rooftop Bars in Sukhumvit to Impress Your Girl.
Silom hosts some of the most special bars you will find in Bangkok.
The bars here are far from ordinary and will leave you with lots of memories.
Here are some of our recommendations for Silom’s best trendy bars.
- Maggies Choo’s – A night at Maggie Choo’s won’t be one you will soon forget! From its unique interior design. The entertaining drag shows. To the diverse music selection… Maggie Choo’s is always consistent in impressing first-timers.
- Vesper Bar – Vespers is a bar that attracts the more serious cocktail drinkers. They put their heart and soul into serving some of the best cocktails you will ever try. This is exactly how Vesper earned themselves an impressive no. 11 position on Asia’s 50 Best Bars.
- Revolucion Cocktail – Revolution Cocktail Bangkok is a one-of-a-kind bar in Bangkok. This bar has a Latin American Cuban style, with a very vibrant atmosphere. You’ll find unique drinks, great music, and a buzzing vibe. At the end of the night, you will have your fist in the air shouting Viva La Revolucion.
- Banana Bar on 4 – A classy hangout spot for the gay crowd, this bar serves some tasty cocktails. Set on 3 floors, you’ll find warm-colored decor to match the classy vibe. For VIPs, you can get a private room upstairs.
Also, have a look at the 15 Coolest Cocktail Bars in Bangkok with Live Music.
Feeling a little homesick?
Want to recreate the experience of your local pub here in Bangkok?
Silom can deliver with some of the best pubs Bangkok has to offer.
And we know exactly where these are too…
- O’Malley’s Irish Pub – O’Malley’s Irish Pub is a sports lover’s dream. This Irish-style pub has fair-priced food and drinks. Have a drink on the terrace or cool down inside with fans. Also, there’ll be plenty of large-screen TVs to enjoy your favorite sports. O’Malley’s will have you feeling as though this is your local pub away from home.
- Nineteens Up – As the name says, this pub will have you feeling like a teenager again! With its very chilled and laid-back atmosphere, for those looking for a good time, this is a dream come true. It hosts various games, including – pool tables, ice hockey tables, board games, and darts.
- Shenanigans – Most drinks in this area are costly. But Shenanigans is a great pre-drink location for those interested in visiting Patpong. This upbeat Irish-style sports bar has a style of its own. It will definitely prepare you to get up to shenanigans for the rest of your night.
Want to find other pubs in Bangkok? Then read our guide on 10 Best Bangkok Sports Bars for Guys to Watch Live Games.
Silom isn’t best known for its nightclub scene, although it is popular with the LGBTQ community.
Make sure you are comfortable with that kind of thing if you plan to go clubbing in Silom.
Otherwise, you’ll be in for a pleasant (or nasty) surprise.
Here are some of the top nightclubs in Silom.
- DJ Station – This one is more popular with music enthusiasts. They have a huge DJ set and have good songs playing all night. You don’t have to be an LGBTQ member to have a good time here.
- The Club at Koi – Located on the 39th floor of Sathorn Square Tower, this is the best upscale nightclub in the Silom area. Make sure you book a VIP booth if you want to party like a HiSo. They have featured DJs, theme nights, and a 5-star restaurant nearby to go with the glamor.
- Safe Room – You’ll find this little gem down Silom 8 Alley on the 2nd floor. Pumping with electronic dance music, locals and ex-pats come here for the chill vibes. Have a smoke, a few drinks, and enjoy the international DJs who play here frequently.
Want to find more sexy girls at nightclubs?
Your jaws will drop when you see all the hotties at these nightclubs.
If all the excitement gets your stomach rumbling, do not worry.
Silom can accommodate.
There are definitely a few restaurants worth visiting to get the night going.
Here are some of Silom’s finest cuisines.
- Scarlett Wine Bar & Restaurant – Scarlett is a vibrant restaurant specializing in French dishes and grilled steaks. They also make a great cocktail. Scarlett is also vegetarian-friendly, so all are welcome. They are best known for their desserts, so make sure you leave some space.
- Fork & Cork by Sphinx – Fork & Cork is a gay-owned restaurant popular by the LGBTQ community. It is located very close to Silom’s gay clubs and gay bars. They have a nice mix of both Thai and Western dishes available.
- Indigo Bangkok – Delicious traditional French food. There is a quiet outdoor courtyard and a large selection of wine by the glass—my French canteen in Bangkok. If you like cheese and like a souffle, you will love the cheesy souffle at Indigo.
- Al Saray – Al Saray Restaurant serves Lebanese and Indian cuisine. It is one of the best restaurants in Bangkok that offer Indian food. The food is delicious. The place is well decorated, and the staff is very courteous.
- Veganerie – Located at the Silom complex basement, a little suggested for the Vegetarian and vegan readers. They offer a good selection of delicious salads and dairy-free dishes. They also offer a vegan variation of Thai food, desserts, and smoothies.
- Chefs Table – At Chef’s Table, diners experience fine dining at its highest, 61 floors above Bangkok. They serve a signature chef’s menu for 7,900 baht with wine pairings an additional 4,500 baht. Featured dishes are Crab Tiramisu, Challen Duck, Brittany Lobster, and imported French Cheeses.
- Mezzaluna – Mezzaluna is one of three restaurants in Bangkok with 2 Michelin Stars. Their ala carte menu combines classic French cooking with Japanese ingredients. The soy snapper with foie gras and grilled French truffle wagyu are award-winners.
- Sushiyoshi – Sushiyoshi is a new high-end Sushi restaurant inside Bangkok’s W Hotel. There is no set menu. Twice a night, the chef creates 20 unique sushi bites for 6800 baht. Bites include Samna fish rice cracker and shrimp carpaccio.
- Eat Me Restaurant – Eat Me is a top-rated Bangkok restaurant known for its fusion cuisine and artsy décor. Their unique dishes include avocado scallops and red papaya chicken salad. Diners can enjoy a laarb mootini while they admire Eat Me’s provocative artwork.
- La Scala – If you like Italian food served in a warm, one-of-a-kind setting, you’ll enjoy La Scala. The open theater kitchen design is a showcase for the chef’s nightly performance. La Scala’s signature dishes are their excellent anti-pasta and roasted lamb saddle.
Of course, there are many other restaurants worth dining at before you head out to Silom.
Shopping & Markets
Silom has a huge shopping center and also a cool marketplace.
There might be a few items you need before starting the night.
We definitely recommend visiting both during your time in Silom.
- Patpong Night Market – This is one of the more interesting markets Bangkok has to offer. It is right up the Patpong Red Light District Road. If you want to look at the area but don’t want to go into any go-go bars, this is a good excuse to come to this area. They have many items in this market, from Muay Thai equipment to faux designer clothing, trainers, and bags. Nothing here has a price-tag, so usually, you can haggle and bargain for a better price. Don’t settle for the first price you’re told.
- Silom Complex – Silom Complex is a large 31 story shopping center connected to the Sala Daeng BTS station. It offers a large selection of different shops and restaurants. Some of the best Silom restaurants are in the basement. It also has a supermarket, electronic stores, and anything else you can think of.
For more markets, check out our guide 15 Best Bangkok Night Markets to Visit for Food & Shopping.
Things to See in Silom
Bangkok is known for its amazing parks and temples.
And Silom happens to have a few of the best.
While you’re gearing up for the night and exploring during the day, check out these places before the sunsets.
- Lumpini Park – This park is one of the local favorites in Bangkok. If you like to exercise you can enjoy the 2.5km track. If you have a date, rent a nice swan boat in the pond. Or you can walk around and enjoy the many wonders this park has to offer.
- Sri Maha Mariamman Temple – This isn’t the biggest or most extravagant temple, but there is definitely some amazing energy here. If you are the spiritual type, you can come here and give an offering. Think about all the times you’ll be sinning in Silom!
- Bangkokian Museum – A lot to see – original furniture and household items, as well as library. Everything is nicely kept, very neat and clean—also a great exhibition of Bang Rak area with many old photos. The entry is free – donations are welcome. All the volunteers working there are friendly and welcoming. If you are interested in history, you should definitely visit.
Patpong – Redlight District
Out of all the Red Light Districts in Bangkok, Patpong is not the best.
The women in the Go-Go bars are more conservative compared to Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza.
But you can still come here and have a good time.
If you’re already in the area and keen on some naughty shows, check these places out first:
- Bada Bing – One of the bigger Go-go bars in Patpong. It’s set on 2 floors, with the upper floor reserved for VIPs and parties. Plenty of young beautiful girls dancing. It’s a great spot to enjoy a cold beer too.
- Black Pagoda – Hidden on the 3rd floor in a building along Patpong, Black Pagoda has a nightclub vibe. There are a few small dance floors. It’s worth exploring the various areas to see if there are any hot-looking girls.
- Pink Panther – Occasionally, there are some pretty hot Go-Go girls. Halfway through the night, they move the stripper poles and build a Boxing Ring. You get to witness a Muay Thai match-up close and personal. Definitely a unique experience worth visiting.
- BarBar Fetish Club – Looking for some extreme adult entertainment? Check out BarBar Fetish if you want to get whipped or tied up. You’ll find they’re open to anything!
- Patpong Museum – Are you a history buff? You may appreciate Patpong at this interesting museum. Find out how gogo bars evolved and the legends behind Bangkok’s adult entertainment. Tickets are only 250 baht.
Hotels Near Silom Street
If you are looking to stay in Silom for your trip, here are a few hotels we can recommend to you.
- Mode Sathorn – This is one of the best-reviewed hotels in Bangkok. The prices are reasonable. They have great rooms, a tasty breakfast, and an infinity pool! What else would you need? How about a place to party situated on the 38th Floor call The Roof @38th Bar.
- Crowne Plaza – Welcoming and well-being business hotel. They have large rooms, comfortable beds, and a great jacuzzi at the health club. The hotel is quite old but very well maintained. They have friendly staff and tasty breakfast in the morning.
- Pullman Bangkok Hotel G – The rooms are beautifully white-themed, very comfortable, and spacious. I was particularly impressed with the hotel staff and their service, which elevated the experience. You’ll also have a great view of the Mahanakhon building.
- Eastin Grand Hotel – Located in front of the train station, so it is very convenient. The food in the restaurant is delicious. Their service is top class. There’s also a swimming pool with stunning city views in the background.
- W Bangkok Hotel – The W is one of the biggest hotel brands in Asia. Service, space, value for money, and attention to detail are always there – trendy and playful room design with nice city view. The swimming pool is also very unique. Close to MTR and a few good hot spots in the area. They always go above and beyond.
- SO Sofitel – SO Sofitel Hotel is a 5-Star luxury hotel located in the heart of Bangkok. Each room comes with Apple minis or iPads. The full-length windows offer great views of the city or Lumpini Park. There’s also a pool, spa, fitness center, and rooftop restaurant.
- Sukhothai Hotel – Sukhothai s a luxury hotel in Silom, known for hospitality and impeccable service. Sukhothai features award-winning restaurants, a spa, a fitness center, and a large swimming pool. There’s also access to the Club lounge for ala carte breakfast and evening cocktails.
- Banyan Tree – Banyan Tree is conveniently located in Silom, only a 10-minute walk to BTS and MRT stations. This 5-Star hotel offers guests large luxurious rooms and suites. There are world-class restaurants, a rooftop bar, a spa, and an outdoor pool.
- Le Meridien – Located in Silom, this 5-Star hotel is accessible to both the Saladaeng BTS and Sam Yan MRT stations. Le Meridien features 282 guest rooms and suites equipped with the latest amenities. Le Meridien offers guests four restaurants. A 24-hour fitness center, a spa, and an outdoor pool are also onsite.
Go out between 10 pm and 11 pm.
This gives you a decent amount of time to enjoy your night and experience the wonders of Silom until the morning.
Black Pagoda is a great spot for private parties.
The owners are super friendly, and the girls are hot too!
If you are looking for the sexiest Thai girls Bangkok has to offer, look no further than The Club at Koi!
But to be honest, if you want a sure bet on sexy young girls, visit a Gentlemen Club in Bangkok.
We also covered a story on the Best Bangkok Gentlemen Clubs for VIPS.