Sukhumvit Soi 11 is a great hub for shopping and sightseeing.
But once the sun has set, it transforms into a hot spot of Bangkok’s nightlife, smack in the center of the Nana Nightlife zone.
With classy rooftop bars, laid-back sports pubs, and vibrant nightclubs to enjoy, this Soi has something for everyone.
So how do you get the best out of the night?
We’ll show you the best places to party to ensure you have a fun night out in Sukhumvit Soi 11.
Rooftop Bars in Sukhumvit Soi 11
Each rooftop bar in Soi 11 tends to cater to a different crowd.
More importantly, there is almost ALWAYS a dress code.
The only time you might be allowed to wear flip-flops is probably Halloween!
Expect panoramic views of the city, world-class service, and spotting the occasional celebrity or two.
Don’t arrive too late either.
If it’s the weekend, you might struggle to grab a seat after 11 pm.
Note: There are rarely backpackers or tourists in the rooftop bars since they only pack vests and flip flops…
So get ready to meet some classy people at these recommended bars.
- Above Eleven – Located on the 33rd floor of Fraser Suites, Above 11 tends to draw in the South American ex-pats. This is due to salsa night and other events during the week here. There are great views of the city and talented mixologists at hand to serve up any cocktail you like. It’s not too loud either, so it’s a great bar to get your pre-drinks on or take someone on a romantic date.
- Nest – Nestled on the top floor of Le Fenix Hotel is Nest. It tends to draw business-orientated individuals as it’s relaxed and chilled. Ideal for an impromptu business meeting before it gets busy anyway. They offer Spanish tapas and Thai classics to enjoy on their menu. There’s also a diverse selection of beer and cocktails. It’s another great pre-drink paradise to check out. The outstanding views are just the icing on the cake.
- Lush Rooftop – Lush is located above Hemingways, a hotspot for the younger crowd. So think influencers, artists, or anyone who works with media. It’s a great place to hang out with pals or on a date. The interior feels like an urbanized jungle, with lots of funky art and furniture to play with. You can expect reasonably priced drinks here, and the views are great.
For more places, check out top rooftop bars in Sukhumvit to impress your girl.
Cocktail Bars in Sukhumvit Soi 11
There is no better way to start a night than with cocktails.
Luckily there are a few good cocktail bars in Soi 11, so you don’t have to make them at home!
If you are out on the pull, cocktail bars are often the go-to place too.
So, put on your best outfit and show the big mango what you are made of.
Here are some of the best in the Soi 11 area.
- Oskar Bistro – Oskar’s is what happens when you mix a gastropub with an ultra-modern bar. Now, if you happen to indulge in finer things, you will 100% find it here. Oskar’s has an insanely extensive wine list, whiskeys, basically everything. Cocktails here are world-class, too, considered some of the best in Soi 11.
- Havana Social – A prohibition inspired this cool secret bar. This was common in place during pre-revolution Cuba. With dim lighting, exposed beams, and classic rum cocktails, you might feel like you have stepped back into the 1940s. Even the staff are dressed and coiffured, making this bar really one to remember. Note: there is no signage or front door, but there is a retro phone booth. Call Havana Social, and you will get the entry code which you then enter, and a false door will open.
- Soul Salt – This isn’t just a bar; it’s a multi-purpose space where many creative minds come to mingle. OK, so it’s a very artsy bar, but they do some phenomenal cocktails. There is also an art gallery to check out, and you can try your hand at painting. The vibe here is laid-back, a good place to start the night and meet some exciting people.
- #FindThePhotoBooth – This hidden speakeasy involves using your master detective skills to find. You want to locate an actual photo booth somewhere in the score bar. Inside the booth is the entrance and also a beautifully lit space awaiting you. You will find some unique cocktails, with one tasting like Tom Yum.
Sports Bars in Sukhumvit Soi 11
Sports bars are not just a place to watch sports.
The people here are generally familiar faces, usually seasoned ex-pats who know a good story or two.
If you are looking for insider info, head to a Sports bar before anywhere else.
You can socialize, play games or watch sports perfect before launching into the nightlife.
- Score Bar – Situated next to the Grand President Hotel, this American-themed bar might remind you of your old college days. There are arcade games, pool, beer pong, darts, and more. This is a great spot for meeting up with mates or taking someone on a date.
- The Game – This sports bar is conveniently close to the Nana Skytrain, just underneath the BTS. The Game boasts one of the largest big-screen TVs in Bangkok, with many other TVs available too. There is some great pub grub to be had and a wide selection of drinks to pick from. Easy peasy.
- The Australian Pub & BBQ – Out of all the sports bars in Soi 11, this one is probably the most laid back. This is the go-to for any Rugby fans, sport fanatic expats, and tourists. The food is top-notch, and they have some familiar beers on tap. The second floor is particularly peaceful with a pool table and darts if you fancy a little game to pass the time.
Please read our guide on of the best sports bars in Bangkok for more places to visit.
Live Music Bars in Sukhumvit Soi 11
Bangkok has many talented musicians to offer, and watching live music is a great way to experience this.
While Soi 11 offers just about everything, its live music is often the most overlooked aspect of the area.
So instead of zigzagging around like a social bee, why not stop, unwind and live in the moment with live music.
Here are the best places if you feel like some music vibes.
- Apoteka Soi 11 – Nestled in a little corner of Soi 11, this bar is the leading live Blues venue in the city, although slow-rock is also common. It’s no stranger to solo acts and famous local singers too. The outdoor deck and open plan bar provide enough space for busting a move or two or three. It’s generally jam-packed on weekends, so don’t arrive fashionably late.
- Hillary 3 – Not only is there great live music but also a seamlessly never-ending happy hour. OK – it’s from 9 am until 8 pm but still a long time! The vibe is inviting. You will feel like you are at a friend’s house party when you walk in. For the price-conscious, it’s also incredibly cheap. A good spot to go if you are on your own looking to socialize.
Clubs in Sukhumvit Soi 11
There are no shortages of clubs in Bangers.
The real question is, which ones are actually worth visiting?
Luckily, there are some excellent, extravagant, and entertainment venues around good ole Soi 11.
BUT make sure to dress for the occasion.
Because, firstly, everyone else will, and secondly, you won’t get in otherwise.
Also, rest assured most of the hot girls will be dressed to impress too.
OK, let’s see where they hang out!
- Levels – The holy grail of clubs on Soi 11. Protruding out of the 6th floor of the Aloft hotel, you take a quick elevator up once you pass the dress code test. This is where international celebrities come to boogie, so keep an eye out. Live DJs, great rooftop views, luxury table service, it’s got everything you will ever enjoy.
- Sugar Club – They say too much sugar is bad for your teeth but not this place. It draws in huge crowds, local and tourists alike, known for being the prime spot for Rap/Hip-hop. There are regular performances from local talent. You’ll also find big international names like Tyga and Lil Yachty.
- Insanity Nightclub – Said to be the largest nightclub in the Big Mango. It was even voted in Dj Mag’s top 100 clubs in the world. The club plays anything from EDM to trance to electro house. There have been some top international DJs here, too, such as Paul Oakenfield and Nervo. To top it all off, there are even dance shows with seductive podium dancers. Pure insanity!!
Restaurants in Sukhumvit Soi 11
Thai street food is a must, but if you don’t have the stomach for spicy, don’t worry.
There is an abundance of restaurants in Soi 11 that serve up pretty much anything you like.
You also won’t have to go far to find food.
While restaurants can be a little more pricey than street food, you can be assured that you are getting exactly what you paid for.
Here are our recommendations for the best food in Soi 11.
- Hemingway – A staple amongst the ex-pat community. Hemmingway’s serves up American and Thai cuisine to suit even the fussiest eater. What was once a house has been refurbished into this stylish restaurant. You’ll love the lush garden, ideal for afternoon lunch. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced. There is a good reason it’s so popular.
- Cali-Mex Soi 11 – If you are looking for something a little spicy but not “OMG, where is the toilet,” then this is perfect. Cali-Mex specializes in Mexican cuisine with the freshest ingredients. Tacos, Burritos, nachos, fajitas, all your Mexican favorites are here. They also have self-serving beer taps and buy 1 get 1 free happy hour from 3-8 pm.
- Charcoal Tandoor Grill & Mixology – Situated on the 5th floor of Fraser suites, this restaurant is rumored to serve the best Indian cuisine in Bangkok. The menu includes not only classic curries but also grilled meats and veggies. Their dishes will really hit the spot. The addition of Bollywood dancers during shows adds to the peaceful atmosphere.
- El Gaucho Soi 11 (closed) – Located in the Mercure Hotel, this Argentine steakhouse is a paradise for meat-lovers. The steaks are sourced from individual Australian and American farmers. There is also an excellent selection of wines to pair with your meat treat. While a little pricey, you can guarantee quality here.
- Artisan Craft Burgers – What is better than craft beer? Craft burgers to go with it, of course. You don’t just get an amazing gargantuan burger, though. You get a copious amount of fries, too, with 3 sauces to dip them in. Foodies will have a fit when they check out the menu, so you might as well treat yourself to a good burger.
- Yuna – Situated close to the BTS, this Japanese restaurant is as authentic as they come. You can expect sumptuous sushi, sashimi, and sake all in one place. Speaking of sake, there is a huge selection to choose from. Japanese food is some of the best in Bangkok outside of Japan, but there is only one way to find out…go to Yuna!
For more food, check out some of the other top restaurants we’ve covered in Bangkok.
Best Coffee Shops in Sukhumvit Soi 11
- Coffee Club – There is nothing better than a good coffee, and Coffee Club is ideal for it. It is located in the Holiday Inn, so you can sip on your super latte cappuccino mocha while people watching. Breakfast is also a good shout here. Try the smashed avocado on toast with poached eggs AND bacon, and it will certainly nurse a hangover.
- Starbucks – Ah yes, one of the most recognized coffee brands out there. But hey, it’s still hard to find a good sandwich in Bangkok. Located in the lobby of President Palace Hotel, you can find a nice quiet spot in a matter of seconds. If it’s morning or afternoon, the iced coffee is exactly what you need.
Best Hotels in Sukhumvit Soi 11
Soi 11 might be the heart of the party scene, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a good night’s sleep there too.
There are some incredible accommodation options available.
And We know some close to all the action as well.
So if you want luxury accommodation with all the fun of Soi 11 at your front door, then it’s a no-brainer.
You might even want to bring a guest or two with you.
- Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 – Spacious, clean rooms with big TVs, stunning window views, and world-class service. What more could you want? Well, there is also a huge pool, gym, and bar that serves great cocktails. There is also a 24/7 café because Bangkok never sleeps.
- Fraser Suites Sukhumvit – The hotel is just a little out of all the action, so it’s in a peaceful spot. There are spacious rooms with panoramic city views. And a load of services and facilities on offer. Each room has a fully functional washing machine, dishwasher, and microwave. The outdoor pool is ideal for a lazy afternoon or energizing morning. A buffet breakfast is served every day, the only way to start the day.
- Mercure Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 – This 4-star hotel is close to the BTS Nana. There are 232 spacious rooms and suites to choose from. Head to the fun rooftop poolside bar to splash around in. Or take your date to the steakhouse for sustenance. The hotel is beautifully designed, paying homage to Thai’s historical silk industry.
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok – This hotel is often a hub for business people because of its outstanding facilities. It’s conveniently only a 5-minute walk from the BTS and a 10-minute walk to the MRT. Rooms are elegant with lots of room. The hotel comes with a swimming pool, fitness center and a Muay Thai ring where you can learn the sport.
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit – This 5-star hotel boasts a 23-meter outdoor pool, 24-hour gym, and divine spa treatments. Room service is also 24/7 as well. The rooms provide alluring city views, a smart TV and a minibar. En suite comes with a bathtub, shower, and luxury toiletries. Hands down, the best place to stay in Bangkok. (More info)
Please have a look at our recommended hotels around Bangkok.
Sukhumvit Soi 11 Map
Enjoyed this guide?
What should you wear for a big night out in Sukhumvit Soi 11?
The real answer here is what NOT to wear.
Vests, snapback caps, FLIP-FLOPS, sports jerseys, etc.
How much money do you need for a good night out in Sukhumvit Soi 11?
1,500 baht is more than enough for a good night out though you could have a little extra in case of an emergency.