Known for its trendy nightlife Thonglor is the hottest district in Bangkok.
Thonglor is home to all kinds of venues.
Fancy wine bars, trendy restaurants, and swanky nightclubs are appearing on every Soi.
Thonglor has something for everybody.
It is home to some of Bangkok’s newest and most upscale shopping areas.
And you’re only steps away from some of Bangkok’s premier 5-star hotels.
Follow our guide to the best places to go and fun things to do in Thonglor.
Thonglor is home to many of Bangkok’s hottest nightclubs.
You’ll find all types of music, featuring top live bands and international DJs.
You’ll also find the sexiest girls in Bangkok.
For great drinks, music, and beautiful Thai girls, we’ve listed some of Thonglor’s hottest nightclubs below.
- DND – DND is a dance club playing EDM, techno, and house. Every night they feature live bands and DJs until 2 am. DND usually fills up by midnight, so it’s best to reserve a table.
- Demo – Demo is the hangout spot for Bangkok’s hip hop and EDM fans. They feature dancing Wednesday thru Sunday from 9 pm until late. They also serve a variety of reasonably priced beer and cocktails.
- Violett – Violett is known for its edgy atmosphere and delicious cocktails. DJs play the best techno and hip-hop dance music Wednesday thru Sunday until 3 am. Violett’s cocktails are some of the strongest and most colorful in Bangkok.
- Noiz – Noiz is the perfect spot for fans of electro and hardcore techno music. It’s a dance lover’s dream with professional DJs and awesome sound systems. They also feature special events and theme parties, with guest DJs taking over for the night.
- Barbarbar – Barbarbar is an electronic dance music club in the heart of Thonglor. They’re home to energy-packed performances from international DJs and artists. Every night you can enjoy all the premium whiskey, cocktails, and beer for one low rate.
There are lots more nightclubs in Thonglor where you can find sexy girls.
To see which other nightclubs are in the area, read our guide 12 Thonglor Nightclubs Where the Sexiest Girls Hang Out.
The best cocktail bars in Bangkok are in Thonglor.
They make traditional cocktails like martinis and old fashions.
You can create your own made to order cocktails.
You’ll even find cocktails made from 100-year-old recipes.
Check out these cocktail bars for a must-taste experience.
- Rabbit Hole – Rabbit Hole is one of the busiest cocktail bars in Thonglor. They serve amazing cocktails created by some of Bangkok’s best bartenders. They mix everything from traditional classics to in-house creations.
- 008 – 008 offers tasty, well-mixed cocktails along with the finest jazz in Thonglor. The American Prohibition of the 1920s inspires the cocktail menu. Many of their cocktail recipes are over 100 years old.
- Backstage – Backstage is a theater themed bar famous for its cocktail creations. Tell the bartender what you like, and they’ll create your personal cocktail. Backstage offers 12 signature cocktails as well as daily drink specials.
- Iron Fairies – Iron Fairies is famous for signature cocktails, good food, and live jazz. Their handcrafted cocktails and signature Burger are Bangkok favorites. They feature live jazz and blues bands from 9 pm nightly.
- J. Boroski – At J Boroski, there is no drink menu. Every cocktail is made to order for each customer. You tell them the cocktail and the ingredients, and you have your own personal cocktail.
Want to know more about Thonglor’s cocktail bars?
Take a look at 10 Hip Thonglor Cocktail Bars to Impress Thai Girls Tonight.
Thonglor’s Bistro Bars are your one-stop for a full night’s entertainment.
You’ll find food, drinks, music, and hot girls all in one place.
No need to hop from place to place looking for the right vibe.
Thonglor’s Bistro bars have everything you need.
- ATMOS 10 – This restaurant-bar-party spot is a favorite for those looking for a night on the town. They have over 10 signature cocktails as well as western and Thai food. There are live music and DJs every night to make sure the party never stops.
- BADMOTEL – This bistro is better known for its drinks. They’re famous for cocktails made with Thai herbs and ingredients. DJs perform every night playing hip hop and R&B.
- Mellow – Mellow’s restaurant and bar is the perfect place to hang out with friends. Friday to Sunday evenings, they feature live rock and jazz bands. From 5 pm to 7 pm, you can enjoy their handcrafted cocktails at half price.
- Beer Belly – People come to Beer Belly for their premium beer. They serve draft and bottled craft beer from around the world. Beer Belly also features live music every night starting at 9 pm.
- CHOW – CHOW is a Chinese style bar, café, and bistro. Their menu is Chinese fusion, and their bartenders are serious about their cocktails. CHOW is open 24/7, so it’s the perfect place to start or end the night.
To find more bistro bars where hot Thai girls hangout, read our guide 21 Upscale Thonglor Bistro Bars with Live Music & Hot Girls.
The best way to escape Bangkok’s streets’ never-ending buzz is to relax in one of Thonglor’s rooftop bars.
Here you’ll find amazing rooftop bars in all shapes and sizes.
Each one is unique, and they offer great views of Bangkok.
Here’s a list of some of the best rooftop bars in Thonglor.
- Octave – Octave Rooftop bar and restaurant feature a 360-degree view of Bangkok. The best time to visit is at sundown when you get half off all their signature cocktails. Every night resident DJs create a nice lounge vibe for the customer’s enjoyment.
- Wanderlust – Wanderlust is a comfortable place for friends to unwind, chat and have a few drinks. Pub food like burgers and ribs are available with a choice of cocktails and beer. At Wanderlust, there’s no dress code, so you can come as you are.
- Assembly Point Thonglor – Atop the 8th floor of Bangkok One, this rooftop bar offers a stunning view of Soi Thonglor. Every Friday and Saturday between 8 pm and midnight, there’s live Thai and western music. Their Thai comfort food menu goes well with their selection of beer, wine, and cocktails.
- Nowhere BKK – This rooftop bar offers 180-degree views of Thonglor and Ekkamai. Besides a beautiful view, they feature live entertainment, delicious food, and drinks. Nowhere BKK is located at the THA City Loft Hotel in Ekkamai Soi 6.
Bangkok’s latest dining trends often land in Thonglor before anywhere else.
Wine bars are no exception.
The wine scene in Thonglor is growing fast, and today it’s home to some of the great wine lists in Bangkok.
Below you’ll find the top wine bars in Thonglor.
- Bottoms Up – Bottoms Up Bistro and Wine Bar have the largest wine collection in Thonglor. It’s the most popular craft wine venue in Bangkok. The bar serves European fusion food and contemporary Asian dishes.
- Wine Republic – Wine Republic has a collection of over 200 wines. The menu is classic French and Italian, with some Asian fusion thrown in. Wine Republic features daily live music and exclusive concerts by big-name artists.
- Divino – Divino Restaurant has the largest selections of Italian wines in Thonglor. The restaurant serves a variety of pizzas, pasta, and other favorite Italian dishes.
- El Tapeo – El Tapeo serves a variety of popular Spanish, French and Italian wines. They offer one of the largest selections of Spanish wines in Bangkok. The menu at El Tapeo features a variety of Spanish tapas and snacks.
Thonglor is home to some of Bangkok’s top gentlemen’s clubs.
Gentlemen’s clubs are high-end private clubs reserved exclusively for men.
They feature VIP services, high-quality entertainment, and beautiful girls.
- Krystal – Krystal Club has over 300 sexy girls to entertain you every night. They also feature nightly musical performances from live bands and DJs. You can drink at the bar or enjoy the comfort of a private VIP room.
- Emerald – The entertainment at Emerald changes nightly. Enjoy live performances from Thai artists, or watch the hot dancers perform on stage. Don’t forget Emerald’s private party rooms, complete with TVs and pool tables.
- Czech – Czech Club is famous for being the wildest gentlemen’s club in Ekkamai. They feature great shows, live bands, and the most beautiful girls you’ll find anywhere. They also offer 16 VIP rooms where you and your friends can be entertained in comfort and privacy.
- Sherbet – Sherbet’s theater features live musical acts from jazz groups to cover bands. While you listen to music, Sherbet’s gorgeous girls will help you drink the night away. Sherbet is famous for its fine dining menu, with Thai classics delivered to your table.
Bangkok has plenty of high-end gentlemen’s clubs that offer VIP services.
For more information, check our guide on 10 Best Bangkok Gentlemen Clubs for VIPS.
Thonglor is a food lover’s dream.
Diners come from all over the world to taste the flavors of the area’s best chefs.
Trendy new restaurants are everywhere, making Thonglor the hottest dining spot in Bangkok.
You’ll find everything from traditional Thai to new creations by international chefs.
Here’s a sampling of Thonglor’s trendiest restaurants.
- R. Haan – R. Haan offers diners authentic Thai cuisine using traditional recipes and locally-produced ingredients. The six-course Thai dinner menu uses local products like wagyu beef, river prawns, and salted eggs. All presented in an authentic Royal Thai setting.
- Canvas – Canvas offers a fresh twist to traditional Thai cooking. Their seasonal tasting menus feature organic and wild ingredients from all over Thailand. For a great evening and a full stomach, reserve a table at Canvas.
- La Bottega Di Luca – La Bottega Di Luca stands out for its authentic Italian cuisine and its loyal ex-pat customers. The food is prepared with fresh ingredients sourced directly from Italy. Ex-pats come from all over Thailand for the black truffle risotto and pasta with wild boar ragu.
- Soul Food Mahanakorn – Soul Food Mahanakorn offers diners a creative twist on traditional Thai street food. They serve the menu family-style to offer customers a large selection of dishes. People come from all over Bangkok for the Tamarind ribs and Nam Tok beef.
You can find a lot more restaurants in our guide 15 Trendy Thonglor Restaurants That Don’t Serve Sushi.
Thonglor is one of Bangkok’s top destinations for Japanese cuisine.
There’s no shortage of delicious Japanese food on every Soi.
Whether you’re looking for a fancy restaurant or a shophouse café, you’ll find it here.
Get your chopsticks ready because we prepared a taste of the best Japanese in Thonglor.
- Teppan by Uomura – Teppan by Uomura offers a fine selection of premium meat from Kobe steaks to seafood. You can watch the chefs prepare your food right in front of you. The specials of the house are beef filet, king prawns, and grilled mashed potato.
- Tempura Kanda – Tempura Kanda is famous for its perfect tempura. Their specialty is “Selective Tempura,” made from the highest quality shrimp. They serve all their tempura dishes as a set or ala carte.
- Seiniku-ten – Seiniku-ten is a Japanese charcoal BBQ restaurant specializing in prime cuts of meat. They offer a variety of prime meats like Kobe Beef, Kurobata pork, and New Zealand lamb. They feature an all you can eat 2-hour meat buffet priced at 599 baht.
Thonglor is home to one of the largest Japanese ex-pat communities in Asia.
The area is home to many Japanese restaurants, bars, shops, and supermarkets.
In Thonglor, you can visit Japan without leaving Bangkok.
Have a look at some of the Japanese shopping options that Thonglor has to offer.
- Donki Mall Thonglor – The six-story Donki mall is home to Japanese shops, restaurants, and pharmacies. Here you’ll find the Don Don Donki outlet that sells Japanese products at the same prices you would pay in Japan. The mall is open 24 hours, and you can buy Japanese food and drink anytime you like.
- Fifty-Fifth Thonglor – Fifty-Fifth Thonglor is a small indoor shopping center. It’s home to shops, restaurants, and grocery stores. It’s designed to meet the shopping needs of the Japanese families living in Thonglor.
- Ginza Thonglor – Ginza Thonglor is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Hotel Nikko Bangkok. Modeled on Tokyo’s famous Ginza, it features Japanese shops, bars, and restaurants. Ginza delivers a complete Japanese shopping and dining experience without leaving Bangkok.
Fun Things to do at Night
After nightfall, Thonglor becomes one big party.
But night time fun isn’t just limited to drinking, dancing, and partying.
Thonglor can be fun even without crowds, music, and bottomless beer buckets.
Here are some fun alternatives for when the sun goes down.
- D-Sports Stadium @ Donki Mall – If you like playing sports, D-Sports Stadium is open until 3 am. They have facilities for baseball, rock climbing, and tennis.
- Kashikiri Onsen & Spa – This is a great alternative to the usual Thai massage parlors. Located on Sukhumvit 49, this Japanese spa will leave you recharged and rejuvenated. They feature traditional wooden baths and a list of treatments to choose from.
Other Places to See
Thonglor, Bangkok’s best-known lifestyle neighborhood, is full of hidden surprises.
There’s more to Thonglor than trendy restaurants and swanky nightclubs.
It’s also home to some of Bangkok’s newest and upscale shopping areas.
Here are more interesting places to visit in Thonglor.
- Eight Thonglor – Eight Thonglor Shopping Mall is home to over 45 retailers and one hotel. The retail options include restaurants, bakeries, 24-hour groceries, wine shops, and health spas. If you’re in the market for luxury items, you’ll find them at Eight Thonglor.
- The Commons – The Commons is a combination of a high-end food court and an upscale retail mall. The bottom floor is trendy restaurants and bars all around a central courtyard. Upstairs are upscale retail shops selling everything from plants to vintage fashions.
- J Avenue – J Avenue is a chic retail center with a mix of shops and services. At J Avenue, you’ll find supermarkets, cafes, restaurants, banks, and beauty clinics. The 2nd floor features Japanese restaurants that cater to the local Japanese residents.
Where to Stay
Thonglor is home to several four and five-star hotels.
They all provide easy access to Thonglor’s restaurants, bars, clubs, and attractions.
Sometimes the venue or attraction is inside the hotel.
This is our list of the best hotels in Thonglor:
- Akyra Thonglor Bangkok – Akyra Thonglor Bangkok hotel is inside the Eight Thonglor Mall. This 5-star boutique hotel is right in the center of Thonglor’s nightlife. One of Thonglor’s favorite bars, the 008 cocktail bar, is on its 11th floor.
- Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57 – Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57 is centrally located in the heart of Thonglor. This luxury 5-Star hotel is easily accessible to Thonglor’s hottest bars and clubs. Amenities include gourmet dining and a rooftop pool.
- Hotel Nikko – Hotel Nikko is easily accessible to all Thonglor’s bars, restaurants, and shops. It’s only minutes away from Thong Lo BTS station. The hotel features a Japanese restaurant, executive lounge, and an outdoor pool.
- Marriot Executive Apartments – Marriot Executive Apartments combines hotel living with the comforts of home. The property is home to Thonglor’s top-rated rooftop bar, Octave. So, you don’t have to go far to get in on the action.
- Somerset Thonglor – Somerset Thonglor is within walking distance to all the nightlife on Thonglor Rd. For clubs and bars farther out, they provide free tuk-tuk service. The hotel offers all-day dining, an executive lounge, and 24-hour room service.
The best time to visit Thonglor is later in the evening, after 10 pm.
The bars and the clubs don’t get crowded until after 10 pm.
If you’re only going to a restaurant, 7 pm to 8 pm is the best time to visit.
The best way to get to Thonglor is by BTS Skytrain.
The Thong Lo BTS station is a short walk or taxi ride to all the clubs, bars, and restaurants.
If you’re a VIP, limousines are the best way to get to Thonglor.
You’ll travel in luxury and don’t have to worry about the traffic.
The hottest Thai girls in Thonglor hangout at DEMO and DND nightclubs.
These are the two hottest nightclubs in Thonglor.
They have great dance music and awesome drinks.
Music and drinks are what attract the hotties.
DEMO and DND offer the best of both.
Want to know where to find the young Thai girls above?
A short 15 minute drive from Thonglor, and you’ll be at the Pimp Club!
Live music, drinks, and sizzling hot girls!
|Thonglor Nightlife||Best Places|
|Cocktail Bars||Backstage Cocktail Bar|
CHOW Cafe & Bar
|Wine Bars||Bottoms Up|
|Trendy Restaurants||R. Haan|
La Bottega di Luca
|Japanese Restaurants||Teppan by Uomura|
|Shopping||Donki Mall Thonglor<Ginza Thonglor|
|Fun Things To Do at Night||D-Sports Stadium|
Kashikiri Onsen & Spa
|Other Places to See||Eight Thonglor|
|Where to Stay||Akyra Thonglor Bangkok|
This post is also available in: English