Are you planning a fun night out in Bangkok?
You’ve heard about all the crazy bars, fancy nightclubs, and unique cultural experiences.
But where do you go to find the best places to party?
Where can you drink ’til you drop, chat to gorgeous girls, and feel the buzz of live music?
If you’re looking for the most outrageous nightlife in Bangkok, our guides will show you all the best places to visit.
In fact, we know your jaws will drop after seeing our recommendations.
Follow our guides below for the best nightlife Bangkok has to offer.
It’ll be a party you’ll never forget!
Bangkok’s club scene is buzzing 7 nights a week.
The city attracts party-goers almost every night.
It is home to some of Asia’s top nightclubs, featuring international DJs from around the world.
You’ll find all types of music.
There are nightclubs playing hip hop, electronic dance, and even drum & bass.
We’ve listed 5 of Bangkok’s top nightclubs to give you an idea of what Bangkok’s club scene is all about.
- Route 66 – is a fixture on the Bangkok party scene, well known for its wild weekend parties. The club offers a diverse music policy from hip hop to live bands playing Thai and western hits.
- Levels – one of Bangkok’s most popular clubs, thanks to its quality service and entertainment. Levels are also famous for being the top club in Bangkok for picking up freelancers and single girls.
- Sing Sing Theater – This is nightclub is completely different compared to others in Bangkok. It has a crazy party vibe and a unique design. More theater than a night club, they feature incredible performers and great music.
- Onyx – This is the city’s first club to offer big room partying. It’s something more common in places like Ibiza and Seoul. At Onyx, you can experience some of the world’s best DJ’s along with the best laser show in Bangkok.
- GLOW – Bangkok’s number one party venue for underground dance music. Celebrity underground DJs who frequently perform at Glow are Dubfire, Nakadia, and Pan-Pot.
These are five of the best nightclubs Bangkok has to offer.
There are plenty more to choose from, especially if you’re looking for hot single girls.
For more on Bangkok’s hottest clubs, check out our featured article below:
Bangkok’s bar scene features every type of bar you can imagine.
There are bars suitable for big parties, romantic dates, and even watching live sports.
Whatever you’re drinking, Bangkok has a bar that serves it.
Here are a few types of bars you might be interested in:
- Cocktail bars – These are classy venues with plenty of unique cocktails to choose from. For example, The Bamboo Bar (at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel) is famous for its Thai spice-infused cocktails. 008 bar in Thonglor features traditional no-nonsense cocktails from American Prohibition.
- Rooftop bars – The best rooftop bars in Bangkok combine fine cocktails with stunning skyline views. Octave and Cielo are two places we’d highly recommend. Both have spacious seating and unmatched views.
- Sports bars – Whichever sport you love watching, there’ll be at least one bar in Bangkok streaming it. It could be Premier League football, rugby, cricket, or even golf. Two places we’d recommend are the Sportsman and Clubhouse bars. Both have plenty of TVs, cold beer, and great pub grub while you’re watching the live game.
- Beer bars – Bangkok’s beer bars and brew pubs have changed the face of beer in the city. They have some of the best craft beer offerings. Two of Bangkok’s favorites, Brewski and Craft, offer over 100 different craft beers.
Best Venues with Live Music
If you love live music, we can show you where to go in Bangkok.
There are venues open every night, offering different types of music.
Listen to jazz one night, rock the next, and blues and funk the night after that.
The music usually starts around 8 pm and goes on late into the night.
- Live music bars – Besides the great music, these bars have a huge range of drinks. Saxophone Club, one of Bangkok’s oldest clubs, features jazz, blues, and soul every night until 1 am. If you want to rock, there’s only one place, the Rock Pub, Bangkok’s oldest rock club.
- Chill bars – These are fun bars with gorgeous girls, great food, and of course, live entertainment. If you want to spend some time with gorgeous young ladies, take a trip to ID Bar 69 or Share Sea Bar. Enjoy fine food and spirits, and don’t forget to keep the drinks flowing. Chill bars are certainly a unique night experience in Bangkok.
- Karaoke bars – Thai girls love to sing, and you’ll find many young hotties waiting for you at Karaoke bars. Order some drinks, finger food, and play some dirty games with girls. They’ll be singing with your mic in no time.
Best Pool Parties
A pool party in Bangkok is a great way to cool down while drinking and dancing.
Of course, some of the most beautiful girls in Thailand party here too.
The great thing about Bangkok is that on any given Saturday, you’ll find a pool party at one of its 5-star hotels.
- SO Sofitel Hotel – Once a month pool party on the 10th floor of the So/ Bangkok. It is regarded as the best pool party in Bangkok. Running for eight hours, this party is mostly young ex-pats, wealthy Thais, and tourists. Entry is 600 baht with one drink, and reserved tables with bottle packages start at 8,000 baht.
- W pool party – Bangkok W Hotel also holds pool parties on the first Saturday of each month. You’ll find the best hip hop DJs, affordable alcohol, and hot bikini girls.
- Westin pool party – On the third Saturday of the month, head to the Westin pool party. It’s the only pool party in Bangkok that goes on all year long. And no matter when you go, there’s always plenty of girls in bikinis.
But if you want to learn more about all the pool parties in Bangkok, definitely read our guide:
Best Red Light Districts
Bangkok’s red-light districts are world-famous for a reason.
There are raunchy go-go bars, strip clubs, and gorgeous bar girls.
Essentially, every guy’s dream!
Most ex-pats come to Bangkok to take advantage of what these redlight districts have to offer.
Each district is different and unique, so you’ll never have the same experience twice.
- Nana Plaza – Bangkok’s “naughty central’ is famous for its hot girls and racy a-go-go bars. There are 3 levels with about 30 different bars. It is arguably the most popular redlight district in Bangkok.
- Soi Cowboy – has a more laid back carnival feel with it’s flashing neon and colorful streetscape. The girls are friendly, and the prices are low, so don’t be shy.
- Patpong – is one of the world’s most famous and oldest redlight districts. It’s home to countless neon-lit strip bars. You won’ have trouble finding naughty shows and sexy pole dancers.
These are just the main red-light districts in Bangkok.
But if you want to know the secret areas where real VIP guys hangout, then read this:
Gentlemen’s Clubs feature VIP services, entertainment, and the most beautiful girls in Bangkok.
The best way to enjoy your night at a gentleman’s club like the PIMP Bangkok is to book a private VIP room.
These rooms feature couches, pool tables, karaoke machines, and state of the art sound systems.
Perfect for a boy’s night out.
Once you’re in the room, it’s time to bring in the girls.
You choose the ones you want, and they bring their friends.
Besides being ideal for large groups, it’s also suitable for a private party with a lady or two.
Do you have a special occasion or something to celebrate?
Book one of the large VIP rooms at Pimp Club.
They cater to bachelor parties, corporate parties, or birthdays.
Bangkok is home to some of the most colorful and fun festivals in Southeast Asia.
Thais love to celebrate.
When big festivals come around, it’s a great opportunity to have fun and socialize.
The best events in Bangkok feature eating, drinking, music, and lots of hot Thai girls!
Here’s a look at Bangkok’s most popular festivals.
- Songkran – aka Thai New Year, is the most popular festival in Thailand. It’s a 3-day water fight filled with music, dancing, and drinking. It’s one of the biggest street parties in Bangkok. Everyone is soaked from head to toe, including sexy Thai girls in wet t-shirts.
- s2o – This is Songkran’s biggest music festival featuring crazy water fights and the world’s best DJs. It’s the biggest and most anticipated music festival of the year. This outdoor, musical water party is sure to draw a young crowd to continue the wet t-shirts party.
- Siam Songkran Music Festival – Attend Bangkok’s newest music festival which takes place during Songkran. They’ve brought together a lineup of top international EDM artists. Scattered around the grounds are food and drink options, vintage markets, and Thai exhibitions.
- Kolour in the Park – This is one of the main electronic music festivals in Thailand. It’s an event featuring local and international artists, playing techno and house music. There are after-parties, pool parties, light shows, and lots of food and drinks. Kolour in the Park is a must for party animals.
- Chinese New Year – One of Bangkok’s most exciting celebrations takes place in Bangkok’s Chinatown. The streets come alive with Chinese lanterns, exploding fireworks, and lion dancers. It’s one big street party with lots of eating and drinking.
These are just some of the big festivals in Thailand. Check our guide and keep an eye on other major party festivals.
More Fun Things to Do in Bangkok
After hitting up all the clubs, bars, and parties in Bangkok, you may need a break one night.
Let your hungover body recover and enjoy some of the other fun things to do in Bangkok.
Add some of these activities to your itinerary, and we’re sure you’ll appreciate this city even more.
- Thai Massage – There are literally hundreds of massage parlors scattered around Bangkok. Many of them are professional and will give you a nice break from the city noise. But then there’s also the “Happy Ending” massages we know guys love! If you’re really hungover, you can always find massage outcall services, and the girls will come right to your door.
- Live Shows – Want to see a real large scale performance on stage? Bangkok shows really go beyond ridiculous when they perform. It’s all or nothing! We’d highly recommend seeing Siam Niramit for an insane cultural experience. Or check out the Calypso Cabaret Show and see how the ladyboys impress!
- Night Markets – Feel like shopping? Visit some of the unique outdoor night markets in Bangkok. You’ll find authentic street food, souvenirs, and clothes. Even sexy dresses or lingerie for your girl!
Best Nightlife Areas
Bangkok is full of great nightlife areas, each with its distinct personality.
Each area offers something a little bit different for visitors.
From rooftop bars to chic cocktail bars to upbeat nightclubs.
With so many choices, you’ll want to plan your nightlife adventures.
Here are the best nightlife areas in Bangkok so you can plan your trip accordingly:
- RCA – one of Bangkok’s most famous entertainment areas. There are amazing clubs, bars, and live music venues. This area is a great choice for visitors looking for a variety of entertainment options in one area.
- Thonglor – offers visitors to Bangkok a classy vibe. There are fancy wine bars, swanky nightclubs, and chic cocktail bars. Known for its trendy nightlife, Thonglor has been dubbed the hippest district in Asia.
- Ekkamai – located near Thonglor, Ekkamai is quickly becoming one of Bangkok’s favorite hipster hangouts. If you’re looking for alternative music, craft beers, or unique cocktails, Ekkamai’s the perfect place for a night out.
- Ratchada – Huay Kwang – this is one of Bangkok’s best-kept secrets. Ratchada – Huay Kwang caters to locals and ex-pats set on having a good time. Most of the action takes place in the brightly lit bars and clubs on Ratchada soi 4. There are also many happy ending and soapy massage parlors.
- Sukhumvit – you’ll find everything from glamorous rooftop bars, flashy beer bars, and sexy go-go’s. Sukhumvit is home to the world-famous redlight districts Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy. One of the hottest party areas in Sukhumvit is Soi 11. So check out this area first if you’re planning a night in Sukhumvit.
- Khao San Road – takes on the air of a street carnival after dark. This is Bangkok’s most affordable nightlife area. You’ll find clubs, live music, and streetside cocktail carts, all on one street.
- Silom – this is Thailand’s Wall Street by day and comes alive at night with people, bars, and clubs. You’ll find flashy clubs, stylish bars, and Bangkok’s original redlight district – Patpong.
Local Tips for Bangkok Nightlife
Here are a few handy local tips to keep in mind while you’re exploring Bangkok at night.
- Greetings – When you’re meeting someone, men say Sawatdee Krap, and women say Sawatdee Kah. The traditional Thai greeting is the wai. The wai is a slight bow with palms pressed together, similar to praying.
Transport – There are lots of ways to get around Bangkok at night. The most popular modes of transport are the BTS system, taxicabs, tuk-tuks, or motorbike taxis. But if you want to travel in style, there are plenty of limo services too.
- Food – There’s a wide variety of food available in Bangkok. After a night of partying, you might try some street food from one of the many carts outside the clubs. If the local food isn’t what you crave, there’s plenty of western food available. For special occasions, you can check out Michelin star restaurants or seafood restaurants around Bangkok.
- Weather – The weather in Bangkok is hot, hot, and hotter. Usually, from November to January, it’s drier and a bit cooler. For the rest of the year, expect heat, humidity, and rain.
- Money – The Thai currency is Baht. If you’re going to visit one of Bangkok’s nightlife areas, have plenty of money on hand and credit cards. After a few drinks, we’re sure you’ll find plenty of things to experience.
- Dress Code – The dress code in Bangkok’s bars and clubs is different from what you’re used to in the resort areas. In most of the high-end bars and clubs, shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops are not allowed. On the bright side, most places allow sneakers and trainers. It may even be worthwhile visiting a tailor to get a custom suit.
Best Hotels in Bangkok for Party Goers
We know you’re not the typical family visiting Bangkok.
Guys come to this party city for drinks and girls, so you’ll need a hotel suitable for the occasion.
There are hotels designed for VIP parties, kinky nights with girls, and even romantic settings so you can have the best…you know what!
Check out our suggestions for the most incredible night stay in Bangkok:
- 15 Best Hotels with a Jacuzzi in Room for Wild Foam Parties
- 10 Best Hotel Suites with a Private Pool in Bangkok
- 13 Best Short Time Hotels in Bangkok
- 16 Best Guest-Friendly Hotels in Bangkok
What are the best ideas for a bachelor night in Bangkok?
A bachelor party is definitely unique in Bangkok.
There are so many things to do, which will blow your mind!
Just watch the movie Hangover 2!
We have another guide that details the best ideas for a Bachelor party like no other.
What are the best party streets in Bangkok?
Bangkok’s best party streets are RCA, Sukhumvit Soi 11, Silom Road, and Thonglor Soi 10.
Royal City Avenue (RCA) is Bangkok’s clubbing hotspot, featuring Onyx and Route 66.
Sukhumvit Soi 11 is home to amazing rooftop bars like Above Eleven.
You’ll also find trendy clubs like Levels and Sugar.
Silom Road offers various party options, from Maggie Choo’s bar to Bangkok’s oldest redlight district, Patpong.
When is the best time to visit Bangkok for nightlife?
The best time of year to visit Bangkok’s nightlife is November through January.
The weather is cooler and drier, plus it’s a hot tourist season, so the bars and clubs will be busy.
The best time to head out at night is late in the evening.
Clubs and bars don’t get busy until 10pm.
Around this time, Bangkok nightlife will be buzzing and all the Thai girls will be dressed to impress.
What’s the best way to get around Bangkok at night?
The best way to get around Bangkok for bachelor’s and VIP parties is in a limo.
Don’t settle for anything less!
Read more about limo services here: