What happens in Bangkok stays in Bangkok!
Bangkok has a crazy reputation and attracts party-goers from all over the world.
But there’s way more than the neon lights, the temples, and the incredible street food.
If the city attracts over 20 million visitors each year it is because when you look at it, it has everything you ever wanted and more.
There are so many things going on in the city.
New bars, restaurants, events, festivals… so much that even for locals, it’s hard to keep up with everything that is happening.
So if you’re planning a trip to the beautiful city of Bangkok and don’t want to spend your time figuring out by yourself where to go and what to do, follow our guides!
It’s your First Time in Bangkok?
Bangkok is a huge city with a deep culture, a difficult language, tons of events… so it’s easy to get overwhelmed the first time you visit the city.
That’s why we’ve put together a simple guide for your first time in Bangkok.
A sort of “Bangkok Starting Guide” that sums up everything you need to know before your first trip to Bangkok.
We cover everything, from the best way to get from the airport to your hotel, where to exchange money, and even the best apps you need on your phone.
Whether you’re staying here for a few days or a few years, our First Time Guide has everything you must know about Bangkok:
Where to Stay in Bangkok?
Coming for a special event? With a group of friends? Or with your loved one?
Make sure to read our guide about the 10 best neighborhoods, where-to-stay for the best nightlife in Bangkok.
Here’s a list of the best hotels and suites we’ve seen in Bangkok:
Best Hotels in Bangkok for Party Goers
Guys come to this party city for drinks and girls, so you’ll need a hotel suitable for the occasion.
We know you’re not the typical family visiting Bangkok.
There are hotels designed for VIP parties, kinky nights with girls, and even romantic settings so you can have the best…you know what!
Check out our suggestions for the most incredible night stay in Bangkok:
- 15 Best Hotels with a Jacuzzi in Room for Wild Foam Parties
- 10 Best Hotel Suites with a Private Pool in Bangkok
- 13 Best Short Time Hotels in Bangkok
- 16 Best Guest-Friendly Hotels in Bangkok
Where to Party in Bangkok?
Love to party? Always down for a drink? So do we.
And we can assure you there are parties everywhere in Bangkok, any day of the week.
As the number one online publication for everything happening at night in Bangkok, Bangkok Nightlife offers you guides for clubs, pool parties, gentlemen clubs, red-light districts, and music festivals.
- The Best Clubs in Bangkok
- The Best Gentlemen Clubs in Bangkok
- The Best Rooftop Bars in Sukhumvit
- The Best Red-Light Districts in Bangkok
- The Best Pool Parties in Bangkok
More Fun Things to Do in Bangkok at Night
After hitting up all the clubs, bars, and parties in Bangkok, you may need a break one night.
Let your hungover body recover and enjoy some of the other fun things to do in Bangkok.
Add some of these activities to your itinerary, and we’re sure you’ll appreciate this city even more.
- Thai Massage – There are literally hundreds of massage parlors scattered around Bangkok. Many of them are professional and will give you a nice break from the city noise. But then there’s also the “Happy Ending” massages we know guys love! If you’re really hungover, you can always find massage outcall services, and the girls will come right to your door.
- Live Shows – Want to see a real large scale performance on stage? Bangkok shows really go beyond ridiculous when they perform. It’s all or nothing! We’d highly recommend seeing Siam Niramit for an insane cultural experience. Or check out the Calypso Cabaret Show and see how the ladyboys impress!
- Shopping Malls – Bangkok has some of the best shopping in Asia. And what better way to spend the afternoon than to chill with your girl, each some ice cream, and catch the latest movie at one of Bangkok VIP Luxury Theaters.
- Night Markets – Feel like barganing and getting hot deals on locallly produced merchandise? Visit some of the unique outdoor night markets in Bangkok. You’ll find authentic street food, souvenirs, and clothes. Even sexy dresses or lingerie for your girl!
Local Tips for Bangkok Nightlife
Here are a few handy local tips to keep in mind while you’re exploring Bangkok at night.
- Greetings – When you’re meeting someone, men say Sawatdee Krap, and women say Sawatdee Kah. The traditional Thai greeting is the wai. The wai is a slight bow with palms pressed together, similar to praying.
- Taxi Tips – There are lots of ways to get around Bangkok at night. The most popular modes of transport are the BTS system, taxicabs, tuk-tuks, or motorbike taxis. But if you want to travel in style, there are plenty of limo services too.
- Food – There’s a wide variety of food available in Bangkok. After a night of partying, you might try some street food from one of the many carts outside the clubs. If the local food isn’t what you crave, there’s plenty of western food available. For special occasions, you can check out Michelin star restaurants or seafood restaurants around Bangkok.
- Weather – The weather in Bangkok is hot, hot, and hotter. Usually, from November to January, it’s drier and a bit cooler. For the rest of the year, expect heat, humidity, and rain.
- Money Exchange– The Thai currency is Baht. If you’re going to visit one of Bangkok’s nightlife areas, have plenty of money on hand and credit cards. After a few drinks, we’re sure you’ll find plenty of things to experience.
- Dress Code – The dress code in Bangkok’s bars and clubs is different from what you’re used to in the resort areas. In most of the high-end bars and clubs, shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops are not allowed. On the bright side, most places allow sneakers and trainers. It may even be worthwhile grooming your style at one of Bangkok’s trendy barber shops. Or visiting one of Bangkok bespoke tailors to get a custom suit.