Picking the right neighborhood for your dream Bangkok holiday is the most important decision you can make.
Choosing the area depends on what you want to do at night, and each neighborhood provides access to unique nightlife experiences.
Some entertainment zones are known for trendy bars and clubs, fancy restaurants, and world-class shopping.
And other zones bustling with red light districts, steet food, and the city’s most vibrant night markets.
Here’s our list of the 10 best party neighborhoods, with suggestions on where to stay once you get there.
Thonglor is where the affluent Thai and foreigners go to party.
It’s the hippest party zone in Southeast Asia.
If you’re looking for Bangkok’s trendiest bars and clubs, Thonglor is the place to stay.
Here you can find are hip cocktail bars and vip night clubs with the hottest girls in Bangkok.
Nightclubs Demo and DND are packed with party animals every night, with DJs spinning EDM and hip hop.
If tasty cocktails and live music are what you’re looking for, TONE Ekkamai and Mellow have what you want.
Or you can party high above the city at one of Thonglor – Ekkamai’s rooftop bars.
For the best rooftop bars, go to Octave and Nowhere BKK.
They offer city views, live music, and delicious food and drinks.
You can read all about Thonglor Nightlife in our complete nightlife guide about this fabulous neighborhood.
- Marriott Executive Apartments for groups (Read Our Review)- Each luxury apartment offers the convenience of a hotel with the space and privacy of living at home. Located in upscale Thonglor, this 5-star property offers a spa, pool, and fitness center. It’s the perfect hotel if you want to go to Octave.
- Akyra Thonglor Bangkok for couples – This luxury boutique hotel puts Thonglor’s bars and clubs right at your doorstep. Akyra Thonglor offers stylish rooms, a pool overlooking the city, and spa services.
- Hotel Nikko Bangkok with private hot tub – Their suites are the most luxurious, but make sure you book the Nikko Grande suite. You can watch TV from the hot tub.
2. Soi Cowboy
Soi Cowboy, located just behind Asoke BTS, is Bangkok’s top red-light district, famous for go-go bars and strip clubs.
If you like adult entertainment and beautiful girls, you’ll want to stay in Asoke – Soi Cowboy.
There are dozens of go-go bars waiting for your arrival.
Tilac is the most famous since it was in the movie Hangover II.
However, Baccara and Suzie Wong are the most popular, with the friendliest and the prettiest girls.
Spend a night or two in Asoke-Soi Cowboy, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
You’ll love the girls at Suzie Wong’s, as they have erotic shows running all night.
After a few lady drinks, one of the hot Thai girls might want to head back to the hotel with you.
You can read our complete guide on Soi Cowboy for more places to visit.
- The Continent Hotel Bangkok for groups – A 3-minute walk from Soi Cowboy, this 5-star hotel features stylish rooms and suites. There’s also an outdoor pool, a fitness center with city views, and a rooftop bar and restaurant.
- Jasmine City Hotel for couples – This well-appointed hotel is a 5-minute walk to Asoke – Soi Cowboy’s adult entertainment. There’s a fitness center, an outdoor pool and hot tub, and a casual restaurant.
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit with private hot tub (Read Our Review) – The hotel’s suites are a mix of traditional Thai and modern decor. The Presidential Suite is modern and spacious, with great views and a whirlpool tub.
3. Nana Plaza
Sukhumvit – Nana Plaza is Bangkok’s largest red-light district famous for adult entertainment.
It’s three floors of go-go bars, beer bars, and beautiful girls.
If you’re coming to Bangkok to enjoy some adult’s only fun, Sukhumvit – Nana Plaza is where to stay.
As a warmup, head to Hooters for some food and see gorgeous girls in their tight T-shirts.
You’ll find two of Bangkok’s favorite go-go’s, Billboard and Angelwitch.
Billboard has some of the hottest girls in the city, while Angelwitch’s live shows are the best in town.
And for a price, most of the dancers can be your girlfriend for the night.
You can always find a hot freelancer on the Soi’s near Nana and Sukhumvit even later in the night.
If you want the best adult fun in Bangkok, stay near Sukhumvit – Nana Plaza.
You can also find more interesting places to visit in our Nana Plaza guide.
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok for groups – (Read our Review) This 5- star oasis is a 5-minute walk to Nana Plaza. The hotel offers spacious rooms, 8 dining options, a luxury spa, and an outdoor pool.
- The Landmark Bangkok for couples – The Landmark Bangkok is an impressive hotel, with Nana Plaza on its doorstep. They feature modern rooms, a shopping arcade, 9 dining options, and an outdoor pool.
- Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 with private hot tub – Minutes away from Sukhumvit’s notorious nightlife, Solitaire Hotel is a great choice. The Grand Jacuzzi Suites are the ultimate in luxury. There’s plenty of space, Club Sky access, and a private balcony with a Jacuzzi.
Ratchadaphisek is famous for its VIP soapy massage parlors and popular night market.
The soapy massage parlors in Ratchadaphisek are more like exclusive gentlemen’s clubs.
When you enter Black Caviar or Poseidon, you feel like you’re inside a 5-star hotel.
Their VIP rooms are perfect for bachelor parties or a night out with the boys.
They offer bars, restaurants, entertainment, and model-type masseuses for the ultimate soapy.
Ratchadaphisek is also home to one of Bangkok’s best night markets, Ratchada Train Market.
This popular night bazaar features vintage antiques and lots of delicious street food.
It’s open Thursday to Sunday from 6 pm to midnight.
Check our our guide on Bangkok’s Best Night Markets here.
- Amaranta Hotel for groups – (Read our Review) Amaranta Hotel is a perfect place for groups of friends. They feature suites with kitchens, laundry service, a fitness center, and a pool. So if you’re planning a soapy bachelor party, this is a great place to start.
- Swissotel Bangkok Ratchada for couples – This 5-star hotel is easily accessible to Ratchadaphisek’s entertainment venues. There’s a large outdoor pool, spa, fitness center, 4 restaurants, and an executive lounge.
- Lancaster Bangkok Hotel with private hot tub – Create your own soapy massage in Lancaster Bangkok’s Premium Suites. The suite’s bedroom comes with a large king bed and a luxurious whirlpool bath. It’s perfect for some soapy fun with a hot girl or two.
5. Pratunam Siam
Pratunam (Siam) is home to the city’s most popular malls and is the best place to shop in Bangkok.
The shopping malls in Siam are more than places to shop.
They’re home to some of Bangkok’s finest restaurants, cinemas, and tourist attractions.
You can start at Central World mega mall, which offers one of the top shopping experiences in Bangkok.
Inside are brand-name retailers, gourmet restaurants, a cinema complex, and an ice rink.
Siam Square is Bangkok’s shopping hub with three malls, MBK, Siam Paragon, and Siam Discovery.
Siam Paragon is a hub for fashion, as leading designers have flagship stores inside.
It’s also home to popular tourist attractions Madame Tussauds and Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World.
If shopping is your passion, Pratunam (Siam) is the place to stay so make sure to check out our feature on Bangkok’s Top Shopping Malls.
- Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok for groups (Read Our Review) – This luxury hotel features a covered walkway to Siam Paragon Mall. This 5-star resort offers stylish rooms, 3 restaurants, lush gardens, and an outdoor pool.
- VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery for couples (Read Our Review) – This award-winning hotel is minutes away from MBK and Siam Paragon. They offer spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, a spa, and a high-end La Vie restaurant.
- Pathumwan Princess with private hot tub (Read Our Review) – Pathumwan Princess connects to two of Bangkok’s top malls, MBK and Siam Square. Be sure to book the Horizon Terrace Suite. Besides the city views, you’ll love the outdoor terrace with a Jacuzzi and outdoor shower.
6. RCA (Royal City Avenue)
RCA is one of Bangkok’s largest entertainment and clubbing areas.
It’s one long street full of clubs, bars, and live music venues.
As a designated “Entertainment Zone,” it can stay open later.
It’s packed every night with well-dressed young Thais looking to get their party on.
For food in a lively party venue, check out LAX RCA.
But if you want just to hit the dance floors, Onyx and Route 66 are RCA’s most popular clubs featuring DJs and live music.
The music is a mix of hip hop, house, EDM, and pop classics.
They’re full every night and are usually the last places to close.
RCA also hosts the S2O and Siam Music festivals during Thai New Year.
If you’re into clubbing and love to party, stay in RCA.
For more tips on where to go, you can check our RCA nightlife guide.
- Maitria Hotel Rama 9 Bangkok for groups – Located on Rama 9, Maitria Hotel is a short walk to the clubs of RCA. Their serviced apartments are the perfect place to recover after a group outing on RCA.
- Zazz Urban Bangkok for couples – This stylish hotel is a short taxi ride to RCA. They feature modern rooms and a popular rooftop bar and restaurant.
7. Ari And Victory Monument
Ari is Bangkok’s newest, upscale neighborhood, and it’s home to great restaurants and cafes.
It is located near Victory Monument, Thailand’s memorial to its victory over the French.
Soi Ari is full of cool cafes, bars, and pop-up restaurants.
Salt is the most popular bar and restaurant in Ari, with a mixed crowd of Thais and ex-pats.
They feature live indie bands, and the menu offers everything from sushi to pizza.
For Thai-Japanese fusion, craft beer, and coffee, visit Pla Dib – Ari’s first “cool” restaurant.
The menu offers a haphazard selection, from spicy fried squid to vegetarian lasagna.
If you’re into hidden gems, Ari is a great place to stay.
- The Sukosol Hotel Bangkok for groups -The Sukosol Hotel is a short drive to Victory Monument. It features a modern outdoor pool, a well-equipped gym, and a spa. Guest rooms are furnished Thai style.
- Pullman Bangkok King Power for couples – (Read Our Review). The Pullman King Power is located near Victory Monument and other Bangkok attractions. All rooms feature modern furnishings. Guest can relax with a massage at the spa or a drink at the outdoor pool.
- VIE Hotel Bangkok with private hot tub – VIE Hotel Bangkok is a luxury hotel close to Victory Monument. The Presidential Suite 1 has its own pool, a terrace with spectacular views, a wine cellar and a Jacuzzi tub. It’s the perfect spot to hangout with friends and a few hot Thai girls.
8. Khaosan Road
Khaosan Road is the most famous street in Bangkok, known for partying and its tourist market.
Travelers and backpackers come from all over the world to visit its bars and market stalls.
At night, Khaosan Road transforms from a tourist destination into a popular party street.
Two of the well-known Khao San Road hangouts are The Club and the Brick Bar.
The Club is a great place to pick up single Thai girls, while Brick Bar features live ska bands.
For live blues, Adhere the 13th is a bit off the road, but it’s another highly rated bar.
Or you can grab a beer at 7/11 and have a seat at one of the curbside party tables.
Khao San Road is the ideal area to stay if you like to party without a dress code.
For more tips on where to go, you can check our Khaosan nightlife guide.
- Dang Derm in The Park Khaosan for groups – This hotel is right on Khao San Road. They offer comfortable rooms with all the amenities, and a swimming pool is a short walk away. Restaurants, ATMs, and food stalls are available on Khao San Road.
- Buddy Lodge, Khaosan Road for couples – Buddy Lodge is right in the heart of Khao San Road. They feature Thai-style rooms and a rooftop pool. Dining at Buddy’s is provided by Mulligan’s Irish Bar and Brick Bar.
- Chillax Heritage Hotel with private hot tub – Chillax Heritage Hotel is just a 5-minute walk from Khao San Road. Each Premier Room comes with a Whirlpool bath, perfect for romantic escapes. The Premier Rooms have views over the area’s exciting nightlife.
At night, Bangkok’s Chinatown is well known for one thing, and that’s FOOD!
After dark, Yaowarat Road becomes the greatest street food location in Thailand.
Locals and tourists sample their way through all the dishes Chinatown has to offer.
Popular dishes include dim sum, fresh seafood, noodles, and durian ice cream.
Talat Kao is the oldest market in Bangkok, Chinatown’s central market for over 100 years.
They offer delicacies like dried abalone, fried fish stomach, and steamed bird’s nest.
If you’re not so adventurous, there are dumplings and noodle dishes.
The traffic in Chinatown at night is very congested, so you’ll want to stay nearby.
- Grand China Hotel for groups – This first-class hotel sits in the heart of Chinatown. The Skyview 360 rooftop restaurant is the only revolving restaurant in Bangkok. The rooms are famous for their stunning city and river views.
- Shanghai Mansion Bangkok for couples – Located in Chinatown, this hotel recreates 1930s Shanghai. The rooms are decorated in silks and bright colors. They feature a 5-story indoor garden, jazz bar, and a traditional Chinese restaurant.
10. Bangkok Riverside
Riverside is Bangkok’s “old town” famous for shopping, river cruises, and rooftop bars.
The River Star Princess Dinner Cruise sails past Bangkok’s iconic palaces and temples.
For two hours, you’ll enjoy delicious Thai dishes and traditional Thai entertainment.
Most visitors stop at Asiatique The Riverfront – Bangkok’s fanciest night market.
It’s home to over 1400 stalls, several restaurants, and the Calypso Theater ladyboy show.
There’s also the Sky Wheel featuring night views of Bangkok from its large gondolas.
The Sky Bar at Lebua and The Millenium Hilton’s Three Sixty Lounge are popular rooftop bars.
They’re the perfect spot to relax with a drink and enjoy 360-degree views of Bangkok and the river.
So if you like rooftop views and river cruises, Bangkok Riverside is the place to stay.
The Riverside is park of Bangkok Central Business District which includes Silom where you can find amazing nightlife. Read all about it in our complete Silom Nightlife guide here.
- Tower Club at Lebua for groups – Tower Club’s Suites feature stunning views of Bangkok’s skyline and the Chao Phraya River. They offer Michelin star dining, a fitness area, and an outdoor pool. Tower Club at Lebua was featured in the film Hangover II.
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok for couples (Read Our Review) – This riverside hotel features rooms decorated in teak wood and Thai silk. They offer a variety of dining options, including Michelin-starred Le Normandie. The Bamboo Bar is famous for live jazz and signature cocktails.
- Royal Orchid Shearton Hotel with private hot tub (Read Our Review) – The Royal Orchid Sheraton is known for its riverside dining and spectacular views. The Presidential Suite comes with a whirlpool bath in the suite’s master bedroom.
Bangkok Neighborhood & Hotel Maps
These are the main areas in Bangkok, however, they may not have the best hotels nearby.
If you only want to stay at the very best hotels with world-class facilities, you may want to check these other guides:
- The Best Hotels in Bangkok with a Jacuzzi in Room
- The Best Hotels Suites in Bangkok with a Private Pool
- 25 Best 5-Star Hotels in Bangkok
|Bangkok Areas||What is the Area Best For?|
|Thonglor-Ekkamai||Bars & Nightclubs|
|Asoke-Soi Cowboy||Go-Go Bars|
|Sukhumvit-Nana Plaza||Go-Go Bars & Beer Bars|
|Ratchadaphisek||Soapy Massage Clubs|
|Victory Monument (Ari)||Bars & Restaurants|
|Khao San Road||Bars & Clubs|
|Chinatown||Restaurants & Markets|