Nana Plaza has had a bit of a bad rep over the years.
But, if you go with an open mind, the chances are that you will have a lot of fun.
It’s not just a place for beer and boobs.
It’s one of the ultimate social hubs of Soi 4.
This adult playground is the go-to getaway with pals after work.
It can also be a warm-up for bachelor parties or even just somewhere you chill out on your own.
Best Bars in Nana Plaza
There are a lot of bars to explore in Nana Plaza.
Around 30, to be exact – all spread across three levels.
It would be a bit of a challenge to visit them all, though nothing is impossible in Bangkok with so much on offer.
Generally, the famous bars are popular for a good reason.
You wouldn’t eat at an empty restaurant, right?
So when you arrive, keep an eye out for some of these sexy joints.
- Rainbow 5 – Somewhere over the rainbow is a magical place full of beautiful ladies. Located on the middle floor next to Twister Bar, this is a popular hotspot among Japanese visitors. There is a long narrow dance floor enough for 20 dancers to gyrate efficiently. There are 3 other rainbow bars to choose from, but Rainbow 5 is the best.
- Billboard – Situated on the top floor, Billboard has a giant Jacuzzi inside with playful pussycats included. What more could you want? It’s also consistently voted the best go-go bar in Bangkok and, with good reason, loads of girls and loads of fun. Just try not to get wet!
- Spankeys – Located on the middle floor, this is the right bar if you have been a bad boy. Expect to get continuously spanked by foam tubing. There are around 20 mischievous dancers. You’ll love the sexy shows too.
- Lollipop – On the ground floor of Nana Plaza is Lollipop. There is a t-shaped elevated dance floor that holds around 16 dancers. There is no gimmick here. Just a casual go-go bar where you can relax. You won’t feel pressured for lady drinks. Though bargirls are very down-to-earth so might be hard to resist.
Girls at Gogo Bars
When you enter the bars, you are going to feel like a celebrity immediately.
So don’t go if you already are.
The girls are well-adapted to picking up on social cues.
Even with one twinkle in your eye, you will soon find yourself with a lovely lady looking for a lady drink.
They’re usually 150-300 baht.
After being asked what your name is, where you are from, and what football team you support, you can opt to pay the bar fine.
The bar fine lets the girl leave her job early and can range from 600-2,000 baht depending on the bar.
If she somehow ends up at your place, she might request money for a “taxi” home, which could be another 300-600 baht.
Before you head to Nana Plaza, please read our guide to gogo bars for first-timers.
Soi 4 is probably the second most touristy spot after Khaosan Road, BUT that doesn’t make it any less of a place to check out.
There is a handful of great bars and restaurants available.
Perfect for people watching and you will see some sights for sure.
This is also often visited by price-conscious ex-pats.
So if you are looking to make some mates, then look no further.
- Hooters – This restaurant is internationally recognized. You will see a lot of huge…meals. Hooters is a great spot when you need some American comfort food and good beer simultaneously. It’s an 11-minute walk to Nana Plaza from there, ideal for pre-drinks and inspiration for Nana Plaza.
- Hillary 2 – About 1 minute from Nana Plaza, this bar is known for great live music and good food. It’s a popular spot for price-conscious expats, though you will find a few locals playing pool—ideal for a few warm-up drinks before Nana.
- Stumble Inn – This British owned pub is the watering hole for many older expats. They are all generally friendly. And if you like your sport, there is always live sports on the big screens. The bar is only 30 meters from Nana Plaza. But chances are, you might not even leave once you start playing pool with the bar girls.
- Bullys – Don’t be intimidated by the name. This American gastropub is where you will find all your favorite comfort foods in one spot, from wings to ribs to burgers. There is also a big pool table, and the crowd is generally expats of all ages.
This area is more laid back and often where people get their pre-drink game on.
There is an excellent selection of sports bars where you can watch sports, play pool, and laugh with ex-pats.
If you want somewhere for a little quiet, Soi 8 is one of the few places in Bangkok that can guarantee that.
Here are a few places we recommend.
- Kiwi Sports Bar – This bar is generally occupied by the younger expat crowd and their Thai girlfriends. If you are looking for a bit of peace and quiet, there is an upstairs sitting area perfect for it. If you want to socialize, there are darts and a pool table too. There is also good draft beer on tap, which is great when live sports are on.
- Det-5 – This bar has a fantastic outdoor sitting area. Even better, there is an excellent selection of western and Thai food when there is live music. Whether you want some light snacks or to get well-fed, they have it all. At night, the garden transforms into a magical den with all the LED light and candles.
- Chrome Bar – This is definitely not the place where guys want a drink. If you need your pipes cleaned, see one of the professional girls here. They’ll literally suck your life away…if you know what I mean!
- Wood Bar – Still a bit of rust in the pipes? A few steps down the same alley is Wood Bar. If you have another woody, have a look at this bar. See which girls you like and take the plunge! If this isn’t enough, there are a few other places to enjoy a blowjob in Bangkok.
Soi 11 is a little more upscale and usually an area where you might spot a celebrity or two.
There are a couple of fantastic rooftop bars and clubs.
It’s mainly dominated by the expat community and Hi-Sos (high society wealthy Thais).
Soi 11 comes to life at night, and most clubs here have a dress code.
Basically, no flip-flops.
Better yet, read our guides and dress up before you hit soi 11:
- 20 Best Tailors To Get a Custom-Made Suit to Impress Girls in Bangkok
- 12 Best Barber Shops in Bangkok for a Men Haircut
Once you’re dressed like a VIP, then you can check out these places:
- Hemmingway’s – This refurbished house turned western restaurant is nestled on soi 14. They are famous for rustic meals such as burgers and steaks that really hit the spot. On top of that, they have great beer on tap too! Hemmingway’s usually gets busy around 5 pm when everyone finishes work. Expect world-class service combined with affordable prices.
- Oskar Bar – Oskar bar is the host that boasts the most with every type of liquor you can think of. They also serve French-Thai fusion food, so you can expect a unique meal you won’t forget. The bar has an easygoing vibe and is a popular hotspot for the business-savvy expat crowd. So if you are into business yourself, this is the perfect place.
- Sugar – This sweet club is known for rap and hip-hop so if you want to get “jiggy with it,” then go right ahead. Sugar is a famous club for locals more than expats. There are often international DJs and rappers performing every night. On the weekend is when Sugar get’s really busy, and you’ll meet some of the hottest girls in town.
- Insanity – Insanity really lives up to its name as the super club plays EDM, Trance, and Electro House four nights a week. The interior is engulfed with neon lights. You might think you are in the matrix, or maybe you are? Insanity is also famous for hosting many international DJs such as Paul Oakenfield, Nervo, and Wolf Pack.
If you really want to hook up with a hot girl, have a look at the clubs in Bangkok with the hottest girls.
Places to Eat Around Nana Plaza
The street food in Bangkok is some of the best in the world.
But if you have little to no spice tolerance, maybe you need something on the safe side.
Fortunately, there are heaps of restaurants around catering for westerners.
Whether you want a burger, steak, or sushi, you won’t have to go far to find it.
- Charlies Kitchen – Less than a minute from Nana Plaza, this simple restaurant may seem small. But they offer a huge selection of Thai, Japanese, Chinese and European food. If you are a fussy eater or with someone who is, you will still find something. Prices are also very reasonable here. Just make sure you know your limits if you order something spicy.
- Chequers British Pub – Sometimes you want some home comfort food, and Chequers is just the place. A few minutes down the road from Nana Plaza, this small restaurant has all the British classics. Fish and chips, full English breakfast, pastries, and even cottage pie. The bar girls are known for being exceptionally friendly. They go above and beyond to make sure you have the best dining experience.
- Shahrazad – If you missed the satisfying taste of a lamb kebab after a couple of beers, then you are in luck. This Lebanese restaurant is also a few minutes from Nana Plaza. They have a great selection of middle-eastern food. You’ll find favorites such as hummus, grilled chicken, and baklava. There is also excellent Turkish coffee, great for a little perk up.
Massages near Nana Plaza
You can’t come to the big mango without getting an authentic Thai massage.
Fortunately, there is a good selection very close to the Nana Plaza.
These are genuine, no frolics massage parlors.
If you are looking for something “extra,” you can read our other guides:
But for proper Thai massages before hitting the Nana Plaza party, have a look at these.
- P’s Thai Massage 1 & 2 – This little massage parlor is located only 1 minute from Nana Plaza. You’ll get a genuine massage with real masseurs, so there will be no happy endings here—only happy customers. The price for a massage is 300 baht for an hour. There are massage diplomas decorated all over the walls, and the ladies know exactly what they are doing.
- 128 Massage – 1-minute walk from Nana Plaza, this massage parlor is notable for its cheap rate. Just 199 baht for an hour. Expect to get your feet, back, shoulders, basically everything worked into shape. Except for one muscle, of course! This is a very professional massage place, so no hanky panky here.
- Asia Herb Association Nana Shop – This massage shop is few minutes down the same street as Nana Plaza. It is a bit more upscale with higher prices, but you get what you pay for. As you enter, you will notice the fabulous interior. The therapists will offer tea before and after treatment. A massage is around 600 for an hour though you will feel like a whole new person.
Guest-Friendly Hotels near Nana Plaza
Usually, in a city, it’s a nightmare to find a good hotel for a quickie.
Especially a guest-friendly hotel.
But near Nana Plaza, we know exactly which hotels allow guests.
There are even short-time sex hotels within the plaza.
Most girls prefer this, so they can “do” 3 to 4 guys in one night.
Separately, of course!
But if you prefer some fun overnight, there are a few good hotels nearby.
Enjoy king-size beds, private bathrooms, and other amenities for your sexy night.
Your girl needs to leave her ID, and then you’re free to do whatever you want in the room.
- The Landmark Hotel Bangkok – This hotel has been running since the 90s, so they have probably seen it all. It is only a 2-minute walk from Nana Plaza. The 5-star guest friendly hotel offers spacious rooms, and there is even a swimming pool. For one room, it usually costs 2,500 baht a night, so you might as well treat yourself to something comfortable. Your guest will certainly appreciate it.
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok – A 4-minute walk from Nana Plaza will bring you to this classy hotel. The spacious rooms are tastefully decorated with high-end amenities included. There are an outdoor pool and hot tub. So you’ll have lots of fun if you’re with a girl. The price for one night is usually under 1,900 baht.
- Novotel Bangkok – Only a 5 min walk from Nana Plaza, this stunning hotel is worth every penny. It comes with a relaxed lounge, beer garden, and upscale restaurant. The outdoor pool is a great way to enjoy a good day after an excellent night. There is also a sauna if you are looking to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. The price per night is usually just under 2,000 baht.
- Majestic Grande Hotel – This 4-star hotel is only 5 minutes away from Nana Plaza. It’s very convenient if you have a special friend with you. Rooms were recently renovated, and there is a great swimming pool to enjoy too. For one room, it costs around 1,800 baht per night.
- Nana Hotel – We’ve saved the most famous guest-friendly hotel last. Nana Hotel is literally right across the road, the perfect location for a sex holiday. You’ll also have complimentary breakfast in the morning.
For other guest-friendly hotels around Bangkok, read our other guides:
The closest subway is Nana Plaza BTS station.
It’s only a 4-minute walk to Nana Plaza.
When does Nana Plaza open & close?
Nana Plaza open from 7 pm and will close around 3 pm.
Some bars may close earlier.
You can also check news sources to get the latest updates.
Are there freelancers at Nana Plaza?
Possibly but not very likely.
Every girl in Nana Plaza works for a bar.
A freelancer is often found in a popular touristy club or bar.
Are there ladyboys at Nana Plaza?
There are ladyboys everywhere in Bangkok!
There are a few bars in Nana Plaza that facilitate ladyboy lovers.
You can always ask a girl if she is one, just in case.
She won’t mind.
Is Nana Plaza better than Soi Cowboy?
In Nana Plaza, you have girls in hot tubs and girls spanking you.
We know most guys love Nana Plaza.
But everyone has their own preferences.
You can see our local guide on Soi Cowboy and decide yourself.
Is Nana Plaza better than Patpong?
Nana Plaza is more lively than Patpong for sure.
Even if Patpong still have a few good gogo bars and live music bars, it’s nothing compare to what it used to be, or to what Nana Plaza is today.
|Nana Plaza Places||Best Venues|
|Soi 8||Kiwi Sports Bar|
|Places to eat||Charlies Kitchen|
Chequers British Pub
|Massages||P's Thai Massage 1 & 2|
Asia Herb Association Nana Shop
|Hotels||The Landmark Hotel Bangkok|
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Majestic Grande Hotel