Soi Cowboy is one of the best-known entertainment districts in Bangkok.
This short, 200-meter-long street is home to over 40 go-go bars, beer bars, and live music clubs.
If you love girls, we can assure you there’ll be fun times here.
Within walking distance are restaurants, upscale shopping malls, and massage parlors.
Before you head off for a kinky night, let us guide you to the best places for adult entertainment.
Best Gogo Bars in Soi Cowboy
Over two dozen go-go bars are lining both sides of Soi Cowboy.
All the bright lights and loud music will grab your attention.
But there are only a few worth visiting.
Soi Cowboy is home to some of the most well-known go-gos in Bangkok.
Here you’ll find the Tilac bar, the go-go made famous by the Hangover 2 movie.
But it’s not what it use to be.
Before you get drawn in by the fame and sexy girls, keep an eye out for these hot go-gos on Soi Cowboy.
- Crazy House Bangkok – Crazy House is located at the entrance to Soi Cowboy, on Sukhumvit Soi 23. It’s a popular hangout for Western ex-pats and tourists. The almost X rated girl shows on the 2nd floor are something you don’t want to miss.
- Baccara Soi Cowboy – Baccara is the most famous go-go on Soi Cowboy with many young and pretty girls. The bar features a double-decked dancefloor, where the girls on the second deck dance topless or nude. When you buy a bottle, you receive unlimited ice and mixers.
- Dollhouse Bangkok – This large go-go bar has two floors and plenty of entertainment. The second floor’s glass floor allows customers to view all the action upstairs. The bar has a large screen TV, which is usually tuned in to live sporting events.
- Cowboy 2 Coyote Bar – The Cowboy 2 Bar has lots of beautiful girls to choose from. There are comfortable seats, big-screen TVs, and lots of sexy dancers and hostesses. Domestic and imported beers start at 160 baht, and lady drinks are 200 baht.
- Suzie Wong – At Suzie Wong, they give every guest the VIP treatment. Buy a lady a drink at Suzie Wong’s, and it’s the same price as customer drinks. From all the guys we’ve met, there’s definitely endless fun and hot women at Suzie Wongs.
Girls in Soi Cowboy
Most of the girls in the go-go bars in Soi Cowboy are available to leave with customers for a price.
Go Go bars make their money from selling drinks.
If a dancer or bargirl sells lots of drinks, the bar doesn’t want her to leave.
They charge the customer a bar fine to make up for lost drink money.
Bar fines on Soi Cowboy will cost anywhere from 600 to 1,500 baht depending on the girl.
Then you pay the girl for her time.
Generally, short-time fun starts at 1500 baht, and longtime fun at 2500 baht.
If you spend time with a girl but decide not to bar fine her, a tip of 100 to 300 baht is appropriate.
Most girls on Soi Cowboy are all willing to provide extra services, so don’t be shy!
For everything you wanted to know about gogo bars, read our guide to gogo bars for first timers.
Massages near Soi Cowboy
Sukhumvit Soi 23 is a short walk from Soi Cowboy.
You’ll find a couple of massage shops that offer all types of relaxing therapeutic services.
But they’re not the happy ending type of services.
Stop by for a short break and get a proper authentic Thai massage.
It might even be a good starting point before you decide on which go-go bars to explore.
- Sam’s Proper Massage: Sam’s is open every day from 10 am to 10 pm. They offer oil, Thai, foot, and herbal massages starting at 260 baht. They’re located right next to @Corner bar.
- Saitong Massage: Saitong’s massages start at 300 baht. They offer foot massage, Thai massage, and aroma oil massage. Their skilled masseuses will make sure that you leave feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Clubs in Soi Cowboy
Hidden between the go-go and beer bars on Soi Cowboy, you’ll find the occasional nightclub.
If it’s relatively late at night and you want to continue the party with your girl, these are the places to be.
- Penny Black – This nightclub is in an ideal location at one end of Soi Cowboy. It’s a small bar with three floors for after hour hangouts. They offer everything, including food, drinks, karaoke, and live hip hop. There are even short-time rooms if you need a quickie with your girl!
- The Oasis is a British Style Music Pub located on Soi Cowboy. It’s a great place for single women or couples looking for a night out with no hostesses or dancers. The Oasis features live music by different bands each night until 2 am.
And if you’re looking for something different, a short 10-minute drive away, there are clubs in Thonglor with hot girls open until late.
Live Music in Soi Cowboy
If you like live music, make your way to the west end of Soi Cowboy.
- Country Road – Located at the entrance to Soi Cowboy, Country Road is one of the few bars that aren’t a go-go. They feature live music every night and alternate between country and rock. There are definitely good vibes here. You’ll find most customers and staff love to party.
- The Corner Bar – You’ll find this buzzing bar right across the Soi from Country Road. The music is much louder here, and it’s packed until closing. There’s also a pool table so you can show a girl how to strike a few balls!
Both bars offer various local and imported beers, and you can order food from nearby restaurants.
Want to see more live bands?
Have a look at our list of the top live music bars in Bangkok.
Places to Eat near Soi Cowboy
A night on Soi Cowboy is bound to make you hungry.
Luckily there’s more to Soi Cowboy than beer and go-go bars.
Around the corner, on Sukhumvit Soi 23, you’ll find a variety of restaurants and cuisines.
There’s everything from light bites to full course meals.
Whatever you’re craving, you’ll find it nearby on Soi 23.
- Little Italy – Located at Soi 23, Little Italy serves authentic, homemade Italian food. They’re open all night long with great drink specials and some of the best pizzas in Bangkok.
- Whisgars – Whisgars is well known for its fine cigars and single malt whiskies. They also have one of the tastiest menus on Soi 23. Customers love their seared avocado tuna and mini mozzarella truffle burgers.
- CRAFT– Craft on Sukhumvit Soi 23 in Bangkok’s premier craft beer pub. They’re also known for the great food that comes out of their kitchen. Signature dishes are the stuffed pastrami sandwich, kaprao pizza, and chunky chicken nachos.
- Scruffy Murphys Irish Pub – Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub on Sukhumvit Soi 23 is Bangkok’s authentic Irish Pub. They serve real Irish Specials like Ulster fry breakfasts and Guinness beef stew. The bar offers pints of Guinness, Kilkenny, or Magner’s cider.
Guest Friendly Hotels Near Soi Cowboy
Always look for guest friendly hotels around adult entertainment districts like Soi Cowboy.
These hotels don’t charge extra fees for overnight guests.
You’ll also find short time rooms on Soi Cowboy at Penny Black and Asoke Place.
But why rush when you can have fun with a girl all night!
For your comfort and safety, these overnight rooms are better options.
- Hotel Pullman Grande Sukhumvit – The Pullman Grande is a guest friendly hotel that’s a 2-minute walk from Soi Cowboy. Their rooms start at 2,500 baht a night. If you don’t mind splurging, there’s a Presidential Suite. You’re in for a hot night if you stay here! They also rent empty rooms to short-time customers for 600 baht.
- Sukhumvit Suites Hotel – S Sukhumvit Suites is a guest-friendly hotel with affordable and comfortable rooms. The hotel is less than 2 minutes from Soi Cowboy. Rooms start at 3,000 baht per night.
- Jasmine City Hotel – this hotel is located in the center of Sukhumvit 23 Soi. It’s guest friendly and minutes from Soi Cowboy. Room rates start at 1550 per night, including breakfast. We recommend the Executive Jacuzzi suite for obvious reasons!
- The Continent Hotel Bangkok – The Continent Hotel Bangkok is a Michelin Guide listed hotel in the heart of Sukhumvit. The infamous Soi Cowboy entertainment area is directly behind the hotel. Rooms start at 1500 baht per night, including breakfast. Go for Sky Club Rooms, where you’ll have stunning night views of the city.
For more ideas on where to stay with a girl in Bangkok, have a look at our selection of the best guest-friendly hotels in Bangkok.
Soi Cowboy History
Soi Cowboy Map
Soi Cowboy is between Sukhumvit Soi 23 and Asoke Road.
It’s only a short walk to either the Sukhumvit MRT (Subway) station or the Asoke BTS Skytrain station.
Nearby, you’ll also find Terminal 21.
A new, famous shopping mall where Thai girls love to go.
To get a better idea of the atmosphere around Soi Cowboy, have a look at this Vlog.
For most visitors, Soi Cowboy is just the start of a big night out.
If you’re planning on a real party, many push on to Gentlemen clubs.
This is where you’ll find the best live music and drop-dead gorgeous girls.
Have a look at The PIMP for example…WOW!
You can see the difference between gentlemen clubs and gogo bars.
When does Soi Cowboy open and close?
Soi Cowboy opens every night between 6 pm and 7 pm.
Since it’s not a designated entertainment area, the bars have to close at 2 am.
But usually, they don’t.
Some will stay open until 2:30 am to 3 am.
After-hours clubs like Penny Black stay open even longer.
Some online magazines also cover the latest happenings in Soi Cowboy.
Are their beer bars on Soi Cowboy?
There are beer bars on Soi Cowboy.
The two live music bars Country Road and Corner bar are both beer bars.
Sam’s 2000 bar next door to Tilac go-go is a beer bar as well.
Are there ladyboys in Soi Cowboy?
There are not many ladyboy bars on Soi Cowboy.
Both the Cockatoo and the Shadow Bar are closed.
Is Soi Cowboy better than Nana Plaza?
Soi Cowboy is different compared to Nana Plaza.
Some might find the atmosphere on Soi Cowboy more fun and laid back.
The girls and bar staffs are generally more friendly than they are at Nana.
Baccara and Crazy House are also two of the most famous go-gos in Bangkok.
Check out our guide of Nana Plaza and see for yourself.
Is Soi Cowboy better than Patpong?
Soi Cowboy is definitely better than Patpong nowadays.
It has more gogo bars, more hot girls, and close later usually.
|Soi Cowboy||Best Places|
|Go-Go Bars||Crazy House|
|Massages||Sam's Proper Massage|
The Oasis Cowboy
|Live Music||Country Road|
|Places to Eat||Little Italy|
|Guest Friendly Hotels||Hotel Pullman Bangkok Grande|
Jasmine City Hotel
Continent Hotel Bangkok