Soi Cowboy is the most famous red light district in Bangkok, Thailand.
This short, 200-meter-long street is home to over 40 go-go bars, beer bars, and live music clubs.
If you love to party with Thai girls, we can assure you there’ll be fun times in this tourist-friendly zone.
Within walking distance are restaurants, upscale shopping malls, and massage parlors.
Before you head out for a naughty night with the boys, let us guide you to the best places to visit:
Best Go Go Bars in Cowboy
At least two dozen foreign-owned bars lining both sides of the street are known in short as “Cowboy” because of an American that created this world-famous nightlife zone.
Bright neon lights and sexy women standing in front of each bar will grab your attention.
This vibrant nightlife zone, full of foreign-oriented bars, is home to the most well-known venue in Bangkok.
Here, you’ll find the Tilac Bar, made famous by the Hangover 2 movie.
Keep an eye out for these places, which are all suitable for the largest groups.
They are superior to the other bars on the street:
- Crazy House Bangkok – Crazy House is located just at the entrance of the strip. It’s a popular hangout for Western expats and tourists and should be the first bar to visit. Tourists love this place because the girls are fully nude, with X-rated strip shows on the 2nd floor. You definately don’t want to miss this flashy space filled with naked girls.
- Baccara Soi Cowboy – Baccara is the most famous gogo with many young and pretty ladies. The bar features a double-decked dancefloor stage—the chicks on this stage dance topless or nude.
- Dollhouse Bangkok – This large go-go bar has two floors and plenty of entertainment. The second floor’s glass floor allows customers to view all the action upstairs. The bar has a large screen TV, which is usually tuned in to live sporting events.
- Cowboy 2 Coyote Bar – The Cowboy 2 Bar has lots of beautiful Thai women to choose from. There are comfortable multi-tiered seats and lots of sexy dancers and hostesses.
- Suzie Wong – Suzie Wong gives every guest VIP treatment. Buy a lady a drink at Suzie Wong’s, and it’s the same price as customer drinks. From all the guys we’ve met, there’s endless fun and hot women at Suzie Wongs, and if you need a break, it’s a great place to sit and watch a sexy show.
The venues listed here are some of the highest-priced bars. But don’t worry, they all offer happy hours.
So go early, grab a seat outside the clubs, and order a drink outside before stepping into the bars.
If you want to find a ladyboy bar, we recommend you go to Nana Plaza.
Sexy Dancers Pushing Alcoholic Drinks
Go Go bars make their money selling liquor and cocktails.
Skillful dancers working in bars are good at asking you to buy them shots.
So without a doubt, each cocktail club doesn’t want these dancing girls to leave.
So if you want to take her back with you, the bar charges a bar fine to make up for lost drink money.
These sexy cute ladies want to take you to a short time hotel for sex.
Bar fines will cost anywhere from 600 to 1,500 baht depending on the girl.
Then you pay the girl for her time.
Generally, short-time fun starts at 1500 baht, and longtime fun at 2500 baht.
But as the booze kicks in, you might lose touch with reality with tits in. your face and a young girl sitting on your balls.
So f you spend time playing a girl but decide not to bar fine her, make sure to reward her for her efforts to entertain you. A tip of 100 to 300 baht is appropriate.
Most girls are all willing to provide extra services, so don’t be shy!
If this is your first visit, and you want to know more about what to expect, read our guide to Thai gogo bars for first timers.
Late Night Clubs on Soi Cowboy
Hidden between the gogos, you’ll find a few clubs.
The street shuts down at about 3:00 am, and all the bar girls go home
So if you picked up a sexy dancer for the night and want to continue the party, here’s are some places to go next:
- Penny Black – This nightclub is in an ideal location at one end of Soi Cowboy. It’s a small bar with three floors for after-hour hangouts. They offer everything, including pub snacks, hard liquor, karaoke, and live hip hop. There are even short-time rooms if you need a quickie with your girl!
- The Oasis is a British Style Pub. It’s a great place for single couples with nobody chasing you to order cocktails. The Oasis features live performances by different bands each night until 2 am.
Live Music Bars on Cowboy
If you like live music, make your way to the west end of Soi Cowboy.
- Country Road – Located at the entrance to Soi Cowboy, Country Road is one of the few bars that aren’t a go-go. They feature live music every night and alternate between country and rock. There are definitely good vibes here. You’ll find most customers and staff love to party.
- The Corner Bar – You’ll find this buzzing bar right across the Soi from Country Road. The music is much louder here, and it’s packed until closing. There’s also a pool table so you can show a girl how to strike a few balls!
Both bars offer various local and imported beers, and you can order food from nearby restaurants.
Want to see more live bands?
Have a look at our list of the top live music bars in Bangkok.
Places to Eat Near Cowboy
A night on Soi Cowboy is bound to make you hungry.
Luckily there’s more to Soi Cowboy than go go bars.
Just outside Cowboy, there you’ll find a variety of restaurants on Soi Sukhumvit.
Whatever you’re craving, you’ll find it nearby on Soi 23:
- Little Italy – Little Italy serves authentic, homemade Italian food. They’re open all night long with great drink specials and some of the best pizzas in Bangkok.
- Whisgars – Whisgars is well known for its fine cigars and single malt whiskies. They also have one of the tastiest menus on the street. Customers love their seared avocado tuna and mini mozzarella truffle burgers.
- CRAFT– Craft is Bangkok’s premier Pub for homebrew. They also have a great menu. Signature dishes are the stuffed pastrami sandwich, kaprao pizza, and chunky chicken nachos.
- Scruffy Murphys Irish Pub – Scruffy Murphy’s Irish Pub is Bangkok’s authentic Irish Pub. They serve actual Irish Specials like Ulster fry breakfasts and Guinness beef stew. The bar offers pints of Guinness, Kilkenny, or Magner’s cider.
Massages Shops near Soi Cowboy
Sukhumvit Soi 23 is a short walk from Soi Cowboy.
You’ll find a couple of massage shops that offer all types of relaxing therapeutic services.
But they’re not the happy ending type of services.
Stop by for a short break and get a proper authentic Thai massage.
It might even be a good starting point before you decide on which go-go bars to explore.
- Sam’s Proper Massage: Sam’s is open every day from 10 am to 10 pm. They offer oil, Thai, foot, and herbal massages starting at 260 baht. They’re located right next to @Corner bar.
- Saitong Massage: Saitong’s massages start at 300 baht. They offer foot massage, Thai massage, and aroma oil massage. Their skilled masseuses will make sure that you leave feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Hotels Near Soi Cowboy are Guest Friendly
There are many guest friendly hotels around adult entertainment districts in Bangkok.
These hotels don’t charge extra fees for sex workers or overnight guests.
For your comfort and safety, these overnight rooms are better options.
- Hotel Pullman Grande Sukhumvit – The Pullman Grande is a guest friendly hotel that’s a 2-minute walk from Soi Cowboy. Their rooms start at 2,500 baht a night. If you don’t mind splurging, there’s a Presidential Suite. You’re in for a hot night if you stay here! They also rent empty rooms to short-time customers for 600 baht.
- Sukhumvit Suites Hotel – S Sukhumvit Suites is a guest-friendly hotel with affordable and comfortable rooms. The hotel is less than 2 minutes from Soi Cowboy. Rooms start at 3,000 baht per night.
- Jasmine City Hotel – Located in the center of Sukhumvit 23 Soi. Room rates start at 1550 per night, including breakfast. We recommend you take the Executive Jacuzzi suite for apparent reasons!
- The Continent Hotel Bangkok – The Continent Hotel Bangkok is a Michelin Guide listed hotel in the heart of Sukhumvit. The infamous Soi Cowboy entertainment area is directly behind the hotel. Rooms start at 1500 baht per night, including breakfast. Go for Sky Club Rooms, where you’ll have stunning night views of the city.
For more ideas on where to stay with girls around Sukhumvit Road, have a look at our selection of the best guest-friendly hotels in Bangkok.
Soi Cowboy is between Sukhumvit Soi 23 and Asoke Road.
It’s only a short walk to either the Sukhumvit MRT (Subway) station or the Asoke BTS Skytrain station.
Nearby, you’ll also find Terminal 21.
A new, famous shopping mall where Thai girls love to go.
To get a better idea of the atmosphere, have a look at this Nightlife Vlog featured on Youtube:
When does Soi Cowboy open and close?
Soi Cowboy opens every night between 6 pm and 7 pm.
Since it’s not a designated entertainment area, the bars have to close at 2 am.
But usually, they don’t.
Some will stay open until 2:30 am to 3 am.
After-hours clubs like Penny Black stay open even longer.
Some online magazines also cover Bangkok’s sex industry and happenings on Soi Cowboy.
Are there ladyboys in Soi Cowboy?
There are not many ladyboy bars on Soi Cowboy.
Both the Cockatoo and the Shadow Bar are closed.
Is Soi Cowboy better than Nana Plaza?
Soi Cowboy is different compared to Nana Plaza.
Some might find the atmosphere on Soi Cowboy more fun and laid back.
The girls and bar staffs are generally more friendly than they are at Nana.
Baccara and Crazy House are also two of the most famous go-gos in Bangkok.
Check out our guide of Nana Plaza and see for yourself.
Is Soi Cowboy better than Patpong?
Soi Cowboy is definitely better than Patpong nowadays.
It has more gogo bars, more hot girls, and closes later usually.
|Soi Cowboy||Best Places|
|Go-Go Bars||Crazy House|
|Massages||Sam's Proper Massage|
The Oasis Cowboy
|Live Music||Country Road|
|Places to Eat||Little Italy|
|Guest Friendly Hotels||Hotel Pullman Bangkok Grande|
Jasmine City Hotel
Continent Hotel Bangkok